June 8, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

4 Likes

We just received news that an updated Feedback Snapshot is coming shortly. We’ll update the blog post once it’s available.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes

Link to that landing challenge please!! (the featured video sully challenge!) :flight_arrival: :pray: :smiley:

Edit: US1549 Hudson River Emergency Landing for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS *found if anyone else looking for it to try themselves :slight_smile:

The blog post has now been updated to include the new Feedback Snapshot.

2 Likes

The Marketplace backlog is now down to 512 from 594 products last week. That’s a 50% reduction from the April 20th backlog (1,041 products). Hopefully we’re on track to get the rest out later this summer or by the fall!

8 Likes

Microsoft Boat Simulator lol.

7 Likes

It’s interesting that we haven’t heard much on what will be covered in Sim Update 13 (scheduled for August) outside of some fixes for the logbook, photogrammetry, aircraft and airports.

Hoping we can get more clarity this month, unless SU 13 has something to do with the upcoming surprise! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea it’s been real quiet on all front’s

3 Likes

I know we’re supposed to be happy that the backlog is coming down, and I suppose that’s one good thing, but let’s just be real honest here… This marketplace update is no good. Nothing on here to be excited about (speaking from PC)… Two boats, one plane, and a pile of “night enhanced”!

2 Likes

I wonder if all of the remaining 4 “P1” high priority aircraft addons in the backlog are from MScenery. They seem to be Microsoft’s golden child. Happy to see the Fox Moth released this week, though!

3 Likes

Two of those will surely be the PMDG 737-600 and 737-900 for xbox. PMDG already said they are in the pipeline but had been delayed for extra testing.

4 Likes

glad to see KHOU released. I’ve been looking forward to that for a while.

We still don’t know what the Famous Flyer will be?

80% of my intuition says the surprise in July is the Twin Otter rebirth by Microsoft.

Something tells me that we need a goat now…

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Well maybe after they releasse the rest of the night light enhanced products they will get around to opening up the weather system to 3rd party. That would be the real treat. Having multiple 3rd parties help asobo out with the weather engine

1 Like

They’ve already said that’s not going to happen.

Any notes on the Samescene NYC update? Curious what was added/optimized.

Yes i know but the missed opportunity is gonna be the negative unless they start doing software updates just for the weather and their weather engine… just like they are doing for their aircraft bring a 3rd part (hifitechsim) in and let them rack at their weather and release like WXU1, WXU2, ETC

1 Like

The truth is that almost 6 months between sim update 12 and 13 is a bit suspicious, also, why put it as a “surprise”?

We will know in 48 hours…