Just Flight announced Piper Tomahawk

That was a fantastic update. It sure beats scouring the internet looking at year old+ announcements that its ‘coming soon’.

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to 2024.

Sheesh. You want this person blacklisted when there’s any number of reasons they might not have been able to deliver on what JF expected despite their best intentions. Illness, illness or death in the family, you have no idea.

3 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, in fact after reading JF’s explanation my first question also went to who the dev was. In fact the term “we were let down and had to give up the ghost” implies definite fault by the other dev. Also what I interpret from the statements
“with the hope it would be relatively straightforward to takeover … and complete it”
and
“The work we received wasn’t to the same standard, in the same style or completed in the fashion that we’d be looking for so basically it’s a whole lot more work than we’d envisaged”
is they more or less had to start from scratch since the whole project wasn’t up to snuff. And the fact there hasn’t been much of a progress report since they took over the project again, and they are now aiming for a release in 2024 seems to confirm that.

If it had been some sort of family emergency, or the dev wasn’t able to finish the work due to illness etc., I expect they would have phrased the whole statement differently.

But you are right of course. We cannot be sure about that. Also I wouldn’t expect JF to release the info about the other dev to the public. That would be petty and would really lack style… I’m sure however the rumourmill among other devs has picked up who it was anyway.

1 Like

Exactly - my thoughts as well when I read what JF had to say.

Maybe the lesson learnt, when contacting someone to do a job for you, is to monitor their progress (and quality of work), and catch issues early , so they can get resolved before continuing. If they are not producing, or their work product is not up to standard, it should be determined at an early stage in the project, where possibly, something can be done to improve the situation.

This really applies to many things in life, from raising kids, relationships, Dating, Marriage, and any sort of contract between parties.

Due Diligence ?

1 Like

Actually Sinewy has mentioned elsewhere that illness was a factor with the previous developer.

I mean, you can still be “let down” because someone got sick. And I’m sure there was more to it than just the illness. Possibly the developer DID in fact not perform as expected, even when healthy. But the point is, don’t assume “let down” means all fault on the dev. He actually did have an illness to deal with, at least according to what Sinewy mentioned on JF Forums or FB or … PM or, can’t remember – I’ve been following this project for far too long.

1 Like

Yes, sorry we’re not going to give any names out here. We have to be respectful but suffice to say there were deeper reasons for the no-show and lack of work over the contracted period. Despite that what did get delivered in the end wasn’t obviously flawed, it was only when further examination took place at our end to allow further progression on the project, that the shortcomings and methods of work were deemed short of what was required by us. Not cut and dry by any means, nothing was obvious without a keen eye from our visual team.

Sorry that wasn’t clearer in the earlier post. We’ll leave it there and hopefully in the fullness of time we can bring you some positive news on the project. Thanks again for your patience.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! I signed up just to say that I’m looking forward to having this in the game. I’m currently learning on the Tomahawk IRL and having this in the game will really be beneficial to have for learning.

I’m really loving the plane and can’t wait to see how it flies in MSFS too!

6 Likes

In case you miss it, we’ve shared updates on all our in-development aircraft, including information on the PA38 Tomahawk, which is now the focus of our in-house development team following the release of the Vulcan last month. We are currently aiming for a Q1 2024 release.

Martyn - Just Flight

11 Likes

Excellent, thanks! Looks great!

Also, very much looking forward to the Tornado. That aircraft almost gave me a heart attack many times in the late 80s, when I was on vacation with my parents in Holland. They did low level passes on a regular basis and those things are LOUD! We flinched every single time!

3 Likes

Another small Dev update was posted yesterday on the Tomahawk. More to follow soon but here’s the link to this latest update:

7 Likes

Encouraging!

A sneak peak of the preflight walkaround feature that we’re currently working on for the PA38.

More details coming very soon.

Martyn - Just Flight

18 Likes

Looking forward to it.

On which airport are you there?

1 Like

Looking good. A more involved pre-flight check is great. The current implementations in most planes have been very superficial and going through the motions yourself is time consuming and requires too much camera fiddling. I love that you appear to have some pre-saved camera links to make it flow better.

2 Likes

That was taken at Innsbruck.

Martyn - Just Flight

2 Likes

My home airport. But couldn’t tell exactly from that perspective.

1 Like

We’ve just posted another In Dev entry covering, amongst other things, the new walkaround and wear and tear features: Just Flight - PA-38 Tomahawk MSFS

As mentioned in the entry, we are currently retexturing the entire exterior model and will show you progress soon.

Martyn - Just Flight

17 Likes

Beautiful aircraft. Can’t wait!

1 Like

FINALLY I AM VERY HAPPY that this is getting closer!! THANK YOU and I LOVE the walkaround! My Traumahawk dreams are still alive!!

1 Like