Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

:man_facepalming: ← me

Thank you.

As someone who was considering buying this today, can I ask why you’re uninstalling, in case there’s any issues I should know about?

It‘s briiliant. Don‘t waste a thought about why anyone would like to uninstall :wink:

Sure! I really like the mod and plan to reinstall, it’s just that I started having trouble with my Arduinos / MobiFlight for my physical cockpit, about the time I installed it.

I’ve since uninstalled the mod, re-mapped all my switches and dials in MobiFlight and have made a backup. I plan on reinstalling the mod soon.

I’ll let you know if the problems pop back up. Of course if you don’t use MobiFlight, it’d be a non-issue.

2 Likes

Yes, just move it out of Community, or use Addon_Linker to control it.
If you are having any issues using the MOD, WB-SIM has an active Discord Sever for Tech Support, and discussions with other users if this Mod.

Thanks, and can’t say for sure yet if I’m having issues. If I do, I’ll file a bug report. Very nice mod, btw. :+1:t2:

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I’ve got a purchase to make since I don’t have arduinos or mobiflight :wink:

1 Like

If you like it now, you will be totally blow away when the next Update comes out after SU10 launches !!

(Over RMP for too long and finally blew / seized the engine - with a lot of very hot oil)
Or was it that some overeager student pilot forgot to remove the “Red - Matching” Cowl Plugs !!

7 Likes

Oil smoke coming out of an engine is not black, but white/grey.
I’ve broken enough turbos on cars to know this… :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Hi.
I have a question maybe someone can help me:
After installing WB Cessna, can I also have the default Cessna 172?
Thanks for your help.

No, only if you remove it again. It replaces the default Analogue.

1 Like

MSFS Add-on Linker is a great tool to manage your add-ons and only have those running that you need at the time.

3 Likes

Thank you Sir for your information.

Thank you to recommend this app.

You will be able to, after the next Update to the WB-SIm C172sp Mod, due to release after SU10 gets released.

Then BOTH the Asobo C172SP and the WB-SIM C172 Mod, will be individually selectable when choosing an aircraft, and also any other selection issues with other c172 Mods (ie Bagalou), should be eliminated.

3 Likes

Thanks for your information.

1 Like

Good to hear. I do like flying Bagolu’s 172 Bush Mod now and again and up to now have had to remove the WB-sim folder from the Community folder to do so. Not a huge hassle, but this will hopefully resolve that conflict.

I’ve been thinking of buying this but I’m not sure if the prop modelling and CFD modelling have been applied to this plane or not?

I can see nothing suggesting it has been added on the Just Flight site but conflicting comments on this thread.

Is the developer able to confirm whether this has the prop and CFD simulations applied?

I’m particularly curious to know if the throttle is still weirdly underpowered as with the default Asobo 172 SP? I currently need to push the throttle two thirds of the way in to make the plane move which is not very realistic, does this add on fix that?

Are you referring to the power needed to overcome the Static Friction of the pane, when on level concrete ground, to start the plane rolling ?
At what RPM do you expect the plane to start moving, based on what data ?

1 Like

With SU10, the plane has similar prop and CFD simulation applied, as modeled in the latest Asobo C172 G1000.

2 Likes