Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

So I’m not an IRL pilot so I don’t know about data but I know that with the 152 the plane wants to move as soon as you apply any throttle which according to YouTubers I’ve followed, Howard Forder on here and P.Gatcomb for example is very realistic, but Asobo’s 172 is very heavy and barely gets up to 1000 rpm unless you apply half throttle, which Youbers like Gatcomb and Overkill said was not realistic at all. So I just wondered if the add on addresses that?

Ah excellent that is what I was hoping for. They should list that on the Just Flight website as I’ve asked a couple YouTubers if they are going to review the add on, and they said they weren’t interested in it because it didn’t feature the prop and CFD modelling so they felt not worth getting.

If everyone went by Youtube reviewers, we would all have Hangars full of Captain Sim Planes !!!

If people with no idea about aviation or the C172, want to make Youtube videos, that’s fine … their choice, but of all the MSFS c172 Youtube video I have seen, that claim ton be a “review” maybe only 2-3 have the slightest idea what they are doing.

A little hard … NO – I actually CRINGED when I have watched some of them, they are so “off the mark”, and really embarrassing to watch.

Forderleantofly’s video being a notable exception, but then, he is a real world GA pilot with RL C172 experience.

4 Likes

This is some really cool stuff that begins to catch my interest in the good old C172.
Is this mod planned to be developed further into A2A-Cessna or Airfoillabs Cessna quality, because I would really love to play around with my shiny new car… eh I mean Cessna :smiley: It would be so great if some third-party menu could be popped up being able to open the engine cover (similar to open cargo doors in Fenix and PMDG aircraft with some radio panel or FMC menu, or EFB), changing oil, exchanging a two-blade and three-blade propeller, and maybe being able to change the seats, cockpit material colour, and wheel-fairings on and off.
Just like in good old A2A Cessna times!
Would definately buy this enhancement.

1 Like

I‘m so happy that this plane is nearly exactly the opposite of what you describe xD

1 Like

I’m definitely excited for the first A2A-level aircraft as well. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but get me in the hangar and let me really get into the maintenance sim!

2 Likes

Been “excited” to see an A2A level GA plane in MSFS for over two years now.
The excitement and Hype, has slowly diminished over the years… I’ll believe it when I see it.

Which is why I joined up with WB-Sim (and sent a Rediculous number of hours, 1000+ ) to help develope the WB-SIM C172 “Enhancement” Mod (For Pilots, as opposed as for Ground Maintenance !)

5 Likes

Oh we’re a ways out from A2A for a bit, the SDK being what it has been this whole time after all… if ground maintenance (something real pilots do have to deal with at times) isn’t your cup of tea, well, cool. Doesn’t matter to me. This is still a great addon in its own right from the looks of it!

I’ve pretty much given up on A2A, every 2 months one of their PR guys says it’s still coming, I get the feeling it will be 2024. Their forum is just a bunch of old guys telling bad jokes. But like others, it’s one reason I like the 172 mod, it gives me a sense of actually owning and caring for an airplane, not just flying one.

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve pretty much given up on A2A too. I used to frequently scan their forum for any news on the Comanche but have now finally given up and don’t bother. It seems a little like ‘the tomorrow’ which never comes.

As regards the 172 mod, a post above indicates there should be an update soon after the release of SU10 so I’m looking forward to seeing what this brings to an already interesting looking mod. I’ve not bought it yet but my interest is definitely piqued and a few more enhancements which from the above could apparently blow me away may well persuade me into buying it.

Excellent news! I’m always bummed when an addon aircraft has things like gust locks etc., but they just disappear/unlock “automagically” once you get going. What’s the point of that?

So yeah … forgetting things like that should have real life consequences. If I forget gust locks, covers etc. I want to have a bad day trying to take off with them.

As for the 172: I would love to have the overspeed flap damage that the A2A 172 had. Even better if damage could accumulate over time. Trying to recover and survive asymmetrical flap damage was one of the most heartpounding experiences that I had in FSX and I wouldn’t mind a comeback, if possible.

Keep doing hard landing and you will soon find your nose gear is not as healthy as it should be. )

1 Like

GOOD one – now you bring it up

1 Like

[If this query is asked and answered elsewhere in this thread or forum, please point me to it… and apologies for wasting anyone’s time]

Does this enhancement overlay on top of or embed into the stock Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk (as the C152 mod) or does it create an additional aircraft model to select (a la the Bonanza G36 - Improvement Project)?

Thank you!

Currently yes. But this will change in the next update.

1 Like

Thank you… good to know.

So the question format was: Is it A or is it B?

The answer given was “Yes. But it will change”

So my questions would be:

• Which is it? A or B?
  • If it is changing, is it going to the other choice, or doing something different? For example, if it isn’t embedding or creating a additional plane to select, that could mean it is going to be one plane, but different than the plane from the premium edition. Or maybe now it will be modelled after the standard edition C172. I’m not sure what “change the next update” means.
2 Likes

It‘s a and will change to b.
That is how i read it and wouldn‘t want to think of another way how to inprete that answer…

1 Like

It is currently its own entry, under WB-Sim 172, it is changing to be part of the standard Textron offerings, so currently B, going to be A

Yes, it currently overwrites the Asobo 172 classic.

In the next update, it will appear as it’s own plane, leaving the Asobo 172 classic alone.

3 Likes