Just Flight - FSTraffic

There were so many changes/updates to the sim at the tail end of last year it was hard to nail down what had the biggest issue on perf for me. We had SU10 (great perf dx12), quickly followed by SU11 (not great perf dx12) + 40th & A310 (not great perf at the time of release), FSLTL base model upgrade v 1.1, and new NVidia drivers etc. It took me the longest time to notice that FSLTL base models v1.1x were hitting my fps the most.

2 Likes

I spent the morning planespotting at eddm…aircraft that take off from the same departure as Im at are simulated for their whole flight means you can follow them in littlenavmap from departure to arrival. I think there should be some injection radius like in fsltl where only planes are injected close enough for you to care. this makes fs traffic pretty much useless for virtual plane spotting because the sky will slowly fill up with one ai aircraft after another instead of generating more enroute traffic…

1 Like

Yeah, WIII is the only airport I mostly fly in and out of, so it’s the most important airport for traffic to work for me. That being the case, it’s still a dealbreaker even if it works on other airports because it would render the entire addon useless for me.

I wish I could get a refund, but these things happen, and I can only blame myself for impulse buying with my money. I just wish we have a trial period mechanism for any payware addon. Let people test addons for like 24 hours or so and locked it out once that period passes. Then we can just decide whether we’re happy to continue using it, in which case we can finally pay for the addon. Or decide not to continue and stop using it without risk to our wallets.

4 Likes

Until Asobo fixes the AI, fstraffic is useless for bigger airports. It’s go arround upon go around upon go around. It’s just dissapointing you have to remove traffic every time you approach a busy airport.

4 Likes

Same here. Set it all up as per instructions, first loading lots of traffic at EGLL. Set up arrival and confirmed, no traffic whatsoever on arrival. Started sim again and zero traffic. Reinstalled FS traffic and traffic came back for departure but no arrival. Next time i started the sim zero traffic. I’ve given up and lost £26.99.

6 Likes

I agree. Does not work with GSX. All planes are invisible, no matter how I install GSX or delete everything in FT. If I delete GSX Traffic is back.
I will delete JF FST because i like GSX and go back to FSLTL. 30€ for nothing.
Arrivals are ok but nearly no departures.
And yes better fps. What you cant see cant hit your pc.

1 Like

You can of course soon use your new FS Traffic models with FSLTL when they update the injector to support them. It’s all swings and roundabouts though. I’ve seen invisible traffic with FSLTL because of object limits at dense airports. In the end the same sim ai issues and limitations affect every ai add on.

3 Likes

It creates such a mixed bag of results for us. Example, GSX (with no ground clutter option) works fine with FST for me. I have departures but no arrival. And at some departure airports no traffic at all.
Like some here, I have also uninstalled after hours of fiddling around.

EDIT:
30Jan2023
After using the solution by Bill Davis in avsim, all these issues have been resolved. Now FST works just fine. No missing traffic and arrivals and departures works!

1 Like

Have you given arrivals time to arrive? The reason I ask is that it was a SU11 introduced AI bug where AI got sent to the wrong star and took ages to arrive/land. It affected FSLTL and AIG too. FSLTL dev found a workaround in Jan for this issue which is why you see more timely arrivals with FSLTL. FS Traffic may be being affected by that same slow ai arrivals bug though.

1 Like

Yes, I waited for about 30 minutes at 3 airports in Asia with no arrivals with FST. But after switching over to FSLTL injection at those same airports, the arrivals worked fine.

1 Like

Yeah no effect for me.
For the future I will not buy such products again. There is so much.problems with this sim and addons, just annoying.

1 Like

I sent a note about this LNM/FST problem and have been asked to supply a screenshot.

You mentioned go around after go around due to the poor Asobo AI. But isn’t this happening with FSLTL too? Just asking because I haven’t used FSLTL really that much.

There are a lot of go arounds with
FSLTL too, especially heavies. There used to be more go arounds before improvements were made to vacate runways faster, but now it’s usually down to altitude, descent speeds, approach speeds etc being wrong or bad and aircraft not following a glideslope for example. These are all in game AI issues though not FSLTL or other AI add on specific.

FSLTL (and AIG) have major issues with the AI but it’s not of their doing. I all comes down to Asobo, these issues are on their end and only they can fix them.

FS Traffic suffers from the same problem, again not their fault, as they are required to use the same Asobo ATC/AI as the others. This is why I will not be buying FS Traffic until or unless Asobo get the problems sorted out.

Paying Just Flight for models and liveries I am getting for free does not seem like a positive ROI to me.

Asobo, please get off the stick and deal with your issues so I can give JF some money :wink:

1 Like

Hi @BragRaindrop933
I haven’t been playing for quite a long time except for testing some addons, is AIGround and AIFlow don’t work anymore?

Incidentally, both AIGround and AIFlow have been updated in last day or so.

I still run AIGround in the background with FSLTL. I haven’t sat and watched AI behaviour for a while as I’m usually too busy airliner simming, and generally just tolerate whatever is going on around me which for the most part is great. So I haven’t really delved in and analysed whether AIGround or AIFlow(which I don’t use) have improved or changed that much. I couldn’t see tangible benefits to AIFlow and I think I saw more go arounds while using it, so I have not really gone back to it.

1 Like

Fair enough thanks !

1 Like

FSTraffic airborne traffic

FSLTL airborne traffic

LOWW

For me FS Traffic is worse, because there is no traffic enroute compared to FSLTL

3 Likes

For me there are lots of enroute traffic with FSTraffic. In fact some enroute traffics must be removed because they are like 500nm away from me but still visible in little navmap. And this definitely reduces the performance but I’m so far quite happy with everything with FSTraffic.

For me what’s weird is the enroute traffic always have the route between EGSS-LEVC(except the ones that departed on the same airport with me).