Just Flight Hawk T.1

Fantastic thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear that, My Hawk is now pitch hypersensitive, which is not fun. Hope update can fix this

1 Like

Taking off in the Hawk now results in a 100% crash rate for me. Something very weird is going on

Hi,

I am loving the JF Hawk T1, but wish I could get my Warthog Throttle bindings sorted out to make it more enjoyable.

Question 1
Does anyone know the MSFS binding for the Engine Master Switch that you use to push forward and release to start the engines after the relight button ? This switch is a PITA to control with the mouse as it normally defaults to the off position (back) instead of the start position (forward) when you access it with a mouse click. Of course this shuts down the procedure and is a PITA

Question 2
Has anyone got the APU Starter trigger to work with the Hawk T1 ? The binding JF says should toggle the relight button on the throttle. I cannot for the life of me get it to work. In the sim the button works with the UI and mouse, but even a keyboard binding will not activate the button. Check all conflicts and can’t find any. Does this actually work ?

@NORTMAR so is it possible we could see this in the Xbox marketplace update tomorrow? Or do you still need to send it off to Microsoft? and is the update still coming this week?

The PA28 updates are due for release this week via our website (PC only). The Marketplace versions will then follow for both PC and Xbox a week or two after that, depending on how quickly MS are able to process them.

The Hawk T1 and 146 updates are still being worked on and won’t be released this week. Unfortunately the PA28 updates took longer than expected due to all the extra work required for WT GNS and TDS GTNXi compatibility.

Martyn - Just Flight

6 Likes

After a long period not flying the hawk, I decided to try it again. I remembered it to be a bit tough to takeoff and land, but what I felt this time was even wors; I could hardly get the thing up in the air, and it was very twitchy. Is there some issues with the flight model or something or is it just me with a medioker joystick? (very unprecis mid). I was twitching up and down like on a rollercoaster-ride. Any suggestions, should I make a special joystick setting for this aircraft or… ? =P

I use a small extremity deadzone on mine, but I also run the beta FM ( ask for it! ) which is a lot more forgiving. It’s never been twitchy for me though,same as the PA28s people complain about. I guess after years of sim helicoptering I may have a different idea of “twitchy”. I’ve posted enough vid of the beta FM up the thead to show something of what it’s like, I think. I would trry and cobble together an interim “probably not terribly accurate but usable” cfg but I unfortunately don’t have access to anything 3D right now.

@FreehandSatyr1 I use a Warthog throttle but all I think I ended up binding to the lever was the initial movement out of the stop detent and the airbrake…

1 Like

Anyone else having problems with ALT Hold randomly not being captured in the Hawk T1 despite it previously working in the same flight with the same command / processes ?

My process is as follows

1. Manually maintain level flight with trim and power
  2. Manually set the tablet altitude with key bindings for desired altitude
  3. Manually press the VS binding, AutoPilot kicks in on the tablet
  4. Manually adjust +/- VS with bindings and watch the Hawk respond accordingly.
  5. Automatically as the desired altitude is close, the tablet switches to ALT HOLD mode it captures and gradually finishes the last climb / descent to the set altitude.

Normally it works fine from 1st cruise , holding fine at ALT and then say 15 mins later with no inputs or commands or waypoints, it just goes nuts, either climbing to the moon or diving to the ground.

Once this happens, I switch off the autopilot and then try all sorts of methods to try and get VS and ALT HOLD to work together. Sometimes I will start working again after 5 mins, other times it just plain right refuses.

When this happens I try a traditional ALT HOLD operation of level flight, press ALT HOLD on the tablet, see the altitude set in the tablet and watch the Hawk nosedive into the ground.

I know the JustFlight is using the bog standard MSFS autopilot, so is this a problem with the Hawk T1 or a general problem with MSFS

Would love any help anyone can give me, as I am sure I have the correct understanding of how it works and have the correct key bindings set, otherwise I could not get it working as expected as in GL aircraft and the Hawk T1

Thanks

Is it normal not to be able to trim the Hawk T1 at speeds over 450kts ?

I find at these speeds, I am maximum down trim on the elevators and the aircraft just wants to pitch up. Is this due to the speed and limits of the trim on this a/c ?

No, that is not normal. I routinely fly it at 500kts, it’s not really that much different other than being a bit oversensitive.

mmm, then something is going wrong. I can normally trim, but with all my AutoPilot woes, I am starting to think the AP is messing with the trim and then causing all the issues of it not ALT HOLDing or VS obeying instructions. The hunt continues as to why my AP will fail randomly when it works 1st time in flight but not subsequent times when I want to use it.

Can’t say I have any experience there, I’ve never used AP in the Hawk… if I could do the loadouts & options on a clipboard I’d be super happy to remove the EFB entirely.

1 Like

I have recently installed the Just Flight Hawk T1/A for MSFS but am having problems moving the EFB from the front to the rear cockpit. I believe this should happen automatically when selecting the COPILOT option from the CAMERA/COCKPIT/SMARTCAM/PILOT menu. Although this selection moves me to the rear cockpit, it does not move the EFB. In addition, I believe when the REAR PILOT is ENABLED on the EFB, the pilot avitar should move in the opposite sense to the EFB. However, none of this happens. Please could I ask advice from others here would may have experienced the same issue. Thank you.

Is there any update on the Hawk coming to Xbox?
Hopefully next week

2 Likes

… and an update on when we might expect the new flight model?
This was originally planned to be released back in March. Delays happen, that’s OK, but perhaps we can get a status update now?

2 Likes

We finished work on the PA28 updates a couple of weeks ago and those are now available on PC and Xbox, we’re just finishing off work on the 146 update for PC and Xbox, and will then resume work on the Hawk T1 update for PC and Xbox. I’d expect the Hawk T1 to arrive on Xbox in late May or early June based on our experience with the PA28s and 146.

Martyn - Just Flight

15 Likes

Thank you for the update I can’t wait for this to finally come to Xbox

Thanks Martyn for the update, appreciated! Looking forward to flying the T1 again soon.

Multiple times I have issues with no throttle control inputs being recognized. I have set a special control settings just for the Hawk, but again I am having to log back out of the game, uninstall the Hawk, re-install the Hawk, and re-load the game. This is happening multiple times and yes re-installing fixes the problem, but it would be much nicer if the problem would cease as having to re-install multiple times is not fun.