Just Flight - PA-28R in MarketPlace?

Both MS ans Steam will keep your credit card info as well, PayPal is just as safe.

In no particular order

The positives of buying from the marketplace:

• All your addons are in 1 place
  • You can update your addons from 2 clicks in the marketplace
  • You don’t have a bunch of janky installers from various 3rd parties
  • You don’t need a bunch of different user accounts on various 3rd party web sites
  • You’re not having your inbox flooded by spam from all said 3rd parties every time they have something new they want to sell to you
  • You have access to said product in perpetuity. No worries of losing a key, account password, exceeding times downloaded, etc.

Negatives of buying from the marketplace

• Inability to mod said item
  • Turnaround time from the time a 3rd party releases something and it goes live is slow
  • Updates / bug fixes are slow to show up compared to buying direct. Sometimes measured in weeks

To me, it just makes sense to keep all my purchases in as few places as possible, so I buy from the marketplace. The down side is the long flash to bang time when updates and bug fixes are released. In time, this will likely decrease, but right now it’s terrible.

I’ve been waiting for JF to launch the Turbo Arrow. Once it’s in the store, I’ll be all over that like white on rice.

9 Likes

You only have to look at the cluster…k that is buying add ons for xp.
I have half a dozen payware planes and every time I load up, one of them wants a code putting in.

It’s frustrating and annoying.

For this reason I will only buy off the marketplace and if these companies won’t use the marketplace, then they don’t get a sale, it’s as simple as that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just buy carenado and ignore JF. If they don’t want money it’s their loss. I never thought JF is so anti-consumer.
Any paid addon existing outside of a marketplace is not existing for me.

2 Likes

Why would anyone install orbx app when everything could be done through the game? This is the reason why people don’t want to use third party stores. Orbx and others install bloatware on your PC for no reason and force you to create an account for each store. Wake up, it’s not 2000 anymore.

1 Like

can anyone knows when the DC-10 is gonna be available to use?

Maybe because some platforms offer discounts, if you own a version for another flight sim.
Or maybe, because updates are shared immediately and you don’t have to live 2 weeks or longer without a working addon.
Just guessing :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

This one will never be able to fly. It is a showcase for the flying hospital

Not for now but I will.

I really hope JF brings their stuff to the marketplace at some point during my lifetime.

Please do your research. JF has delivered their stuff to Asobo (early August). But Asobo didnt approved it yet.

You imply that I haven’t done any. Naïve. Where would I have found that bit on information exactly? I’ve been looking for info all over the place and the only thing I found was from a few months back when they mentioned that they were waiting for the Turbo Arrow so that they could sell it all as a bundle.

And YOU imply that Just Flight doesnt yet bring their stuff to the Marketplace. They did!

Again, where did you find that information? I imply that because of an apparent lack of evidence to prove the contrary. If they said that, and it can be found. Then it can be believed. Otherwise the information can be considered second-hand and its validity called into question.

For the record, yes, I imply that JF’s stuff are not on the marketplace… Because the items are not on the marketplace. Maybe the brought them to Asobo for review and approval, but the company’s items are not yet on the marketplace. When the company’s items are on the marketplace, then they can be considered to have “brought their items to the marketplace”.

When a company brings something to market, that means they’ve made it available for sale on said market. The items are in a review process (if what you said is to be believed), not yet available for sale on the marketplace.

For the record, if what you said is true, then yes, the blame is on the side of Microsoft.

■■■… .why you dont do YOUR resarch ? Are you not able to search this forum or social media ???

But wait… i am a nice guy… take me 3s to find this information, just for YOUR Information!

Mate, you really cant figure out why someone could be hard pressed to find JF’s reply to a tweet with one like? That’s quite a lot of digging to find something that would best be in the form of an official announcement. If a reply on twitter is really where the information can be found then you cant honestly be surprised that people would have these questions… Not everyone has twitter btw.

Also, it seems like you’re getting heated. Take a deep breath, maybe touch some grass.

Just Flight Pipers, Seneca V, can’t get the DRM to work for the Corsair on Xbox

Yet the A-10, Eurofighter, 777, 737 Max all make it through just fine…

• is it fair to say the marketplace certification process is a dumpster fire at this point?
3 Likes

broo… as is said… learn seaching.

unbelievable :rofl:

Seems that way

1 Like