Just Flight Piper Arrow III looks so good!

It is implemented. I’m using it right now in FS2020 and it works very well.

2 Likes

It needs more work because it’s more complex? And, first you finish one, then the other, given that they are quite different? There’s no need to wait to release the first one while you finish the second one?

2 Likes

Nah… it’s Business 101.
Make the lesser available first then bait the hook again for another bite for later.

Q: Why not do the Turbo first?
A: Because it would be less likely that people would buy The Turbo, then also buy the non Turbo later.

It’s same reason GTA5 was released on console first, then on PC nearly 2 years later.

And???
I’ve heard several people talk about this. I don’t get it. I thought they were running a business? Are they a charity shop of some sort? Is this some sort of revelation about “capitalistic” econmics? I don’t get it. Sorry.

2 Likes

Has JF said anything about a discount if you own the Arrow on FSX/P3D? They offered a discount for P3D F-15 owners.

1 Like

Well I’m not a robot and I have all kinds of thoughts/concerns/and opinions.

Just would like to not have to wait for the Version I prefer that is all.

Nothing to even have to debate.

1 Like

I had the XP11 versions (both Turbo and Non) and really enjoyed it.

Not sure if they offer a discount for the buyers of the P3D/FSX versions. I had the XP versions. Probably not since its a diff platform. I do know they mentioned discounts for the Turbo version if you buy the non Turbo.

I really dont mind supporting the devs, just wish I didn’t have to buy the lesser and then upgrade shortly down the road.

Anyway, I just bought the Carenado version in the MP and it’s wonderful!

What are you pointing out here?

The sheets of metal on Carenado look more realistic. Not so perfectly smooth. But, I have to see both in action to really judge.

In a youtube livechat they said there will be a small discount for owners of the P3D Arrow III.
Not sure about the XP11 or FSX owners.

Why is non-turbo version a lesser product? Is the cruising speed the only difference or will one be more complex in terms of simulation realism?

It’s not a lesser product, just has better performance and two separate models (but less liveries).
The real Turbo is of course more expensive, but I don’t understand either that people turn it like everyone wants just the Turbo…

That being said: I want the Turbo myself, but with the discount, I guess I’ll pick up both.
And that’s fine since the company wants to make profit, obviously.

2 Likes

I believe they said something about a 25% discount for owners of the FSX/P3D version on a stream earlier in the week,

Just Flight - PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS)

They now have a page, though you can’t buy it quite yet. I believe it will be released VERY shortly.

3 Likes

They said on Twitter that it will be early next week, not this week.
Turbo will take about 2 weeks on top.

1 Like

In case any one else is looking for the tweet:

It’s confirmed that the release is not today. Gotta find something else to do over the weekend then :wink:

1 Like

6 Likes

If you want to use the weekend without the JF Arrow to learn about the real one, here are 2 videos really worth watching in my opinion:

3 Likes

There are at least two YouTube streams of the preview build – AUS flight simmer did a 3 hour stream with a guy (Scott?) from JF on the chat, and ClumsyGeek did one that was over 2 hours with someone from JF also on the chat.

Both YouTubers had very favorable reviews, even though neither one had done much research beforehand. It was a lot of fumbling around and the navigation and piloting skills were less than top-notch. The plane flew well for them, and if flown properly, I bet the release build is going to be awesome.

And I just love the beat up old cockpit interior, the lack of a good autopilot, the option to turn off the GPS and go old, old school. I flew the Arrow II – not the III or IV – in real life. That’s why I want the JF version of the Arrow III (fuselage is 5 inches longer, but it’s very close to the II in nearly every other way).

I’m kind of bummed it didn’t come out today, but this gives me a chance to put some more time on the TBM before I make it jealous by devoting most of my time to the Arrow when I bring her home to the hangar!

2 Likes