Just Flight Piper Arrow III looks so good!

That is a known limitation with the interaction with MSFS and JF can’t do anything about it.

Well if they know about such a limitation, it shouldn’t be in their product.
Why put and market a feature that has never been working from the initial release and putting blame on the sim? It just doesn’t sound right to me.

Maybe then better remove this functionality (the whole maintenance window) until the sim support it properly. Why let every customer run into issues with it?

2 Likes

Because 8.8V is still enough to start everything back up. So while it is a limitation, it still works properly. And users can turn off that functionality.

Well if you don’t sit a while on the ground and let the alternators load the battery, you end up in not enough power to raise the gear.
I think as long as the LV lamp is lit, it won’t operate. Happened to me when I accidentally pushed the recharge button prior takeoff.

The maintenance option was added for realism but it ends up unrealistic. Breaks the purpose for me…

2 Likes

Moreso, not being able to refill the oil will eventually turn this plane into a brick, I’m at 5.9 L now, I keep wondering when I will need to stop fling the Archer.

If you disable maintenance and state saving, you should be able to start a new flight and be back to defaults.
But that can’t be the solution. Either they find a way for it to work or they basically should add a big disclaimer or even remove the feature. It’s not only inop right now, but it breaks the plane after some time.

1 Like

I click like crazy randomly inside the button “refill oil” and then it works.

I have tried to disable maintenance with no success, will try turning off state saving.

I will try this as well!

Please report back if you were successful because I’m also done to 5.9qts :grimacing:

I kept on tapping on the tickbox, and it finally unticked, but still stuck at 6 liters and cant reset it.

I guess I’ll have to buy the Turbo Arrow when I get down to 0. :grin:

2 Likes

Im waiting for that one too

I don’t think that turning off state saving will make any change. I have never had it on and still my oil is less than 8qt (it is 7.7 currently)

Well if the maintenance feature is disabled is the oil and battery level just ignored? Does anyone know?

I have to say I feel a bit cheated by Just Flight since they knew that they can’t fix this feature die to simconnect issues but yet they let us to believe it works.

Thanks @ShyMarigold6247 . Your trick of clicking away on the oil quantity also worked for me. I am back at 8.

1 Like

It’s like buying a new car when the old one gets dirty :smiley:

Apart from the oil/battery, what is your experience on the state saving? Does it work well for you?
What happens after a CTD, does it start in the state before the last flight?

And what if I exit the sim while the engine is running, will I start the next flight with a running engine as well?

Just want to know if there are any caveats of state saving before I try using it :slight_smile:

The only issue i ran into (note that i haven’t tried the things you mentioned, and this might have been fixed in the latest update) is that occasionally the GNS530 would lose one of its NAV frequencies. Like, you’d have one frequency read ok, and the other be 0, and you could swap them around but you couldn’t change the 0. The fix was to disable then enable state saving. And like i said, the issue may have been fixed.

1 Like

Same here. Pounding away for a like 30 seconds worked

The state saving works great except the GPS (even if you turn the screen off, the next time it will turn on when you turn the battery on) but I think it is fixed in the latest version. After a CTD you get the state from before the CDT.

I personally have never tried to leave with engine running but I think it would work. For me the best is that fuel quantity is saved too so it introduced interesting dynamic of having to refill between flights.

1 Like

State saving works fine for me. After my last CTD the plane sat on the runway with the engine at the power setting and lights just like I left it. So no problems there.

State saving really increases the immersion for me

1 Like