Just Flight

yes. The marketplace puts an encryption on the files and that can indeed mess things up. It already has in the past multiple times. From performance issues to other bugs till the point they completely left out the encryption because it didnt work for a certain product.

Iā€˜m having difficulty comprehending that Microsoft is allowing itself to become the laughing stock of the industry by operating an in-Game marketplace that takes more than a month to test a product for release and that is only able to push out roughly a dozen items a week. Once a week.

1 Like

Even worse. It took 6 weeks for them to tell JF they had bugs while there are sceneries that straight up donā€™t work or cause CTD on Xbox. Totally looks like delay tacticsā€¦

I usually like to give people grace and try to see the good side - but when it walks like a duck, repeatedlyā€¦

1 Like

Or just incompetence, lack of man/womenpowerOr as said, issues with the encryption. Its just in an awful state in general.

1 Like

If your encryption is wrecking the functionality of your code, youā€˜re doing it wrong. Iā€™m working with products permanently encrypted during and outside of use. Decryption of the software code takes place in memory the moment it is run. Never have I experienced a mess like this. Relying on strong encryption to protect your code and prevent tampering is in no way an excuse for the stuff we are seeing with the marketplace.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to believe human error or lack of resources but when you keep giving the green light to cheap broken products but refuse to publish reputable ones, it seems deliberate.

I am wondering if it could be they donā€™t want products that put the default aircraft to shame on the marketplace? Why would someone spend $85 on a deluxe edition when they could spend $40-$50 on a good rendition of the one plane they really want to fly. Itā€™s generally about thešŸ¤‘

1 Like

Nah, i dont think this would be the reason. They earn money when they sell the JF Products too.

True, but MS gets 100% of a deluxe edition purchase.

That would be extremely shortsighted. You can get the quick money now and never make a buck out of commission again from the marketplace as you cannot retain your playerbase. Or you can let the money trickle in by continuously putting products in the marketplace the people are willing to buy. And since the commission is percentage-based youā€˜d earn more per sold item from high quality (= more expensive) products.

Honestly though what will it take for MS/Asobo to even respond to the marketplace issue. I know they sent out something weeks ago when an update was missed but nothing since.

Itā€™s a shame and as a Series X user Iā€™m honestly losing faith they will ever get quality products on the marketplace.

I wonder what baboon is managing this disaster. That Microsoft itself is able if willing can be seen with Xbox itself and the turnaround this product/brand had since Phil Spencer. Itā€™s not like Microsoft is unwilling financially of incapable technologically.

1 Like

Agreed completely - but I think the Xbox library gives a hint at what they think of the player base.

And they may not be wrong - lots of YouTube videos of people flying military jets in 3rd personā€¦

Not saying there is anything wrong with a specific product - more referring to broken sceneries, obviously lazy efforts using borrowed assets, and MS lack of effort to bring some of the most popular PC mods to Xbox market.

Then they should have turned the flight sim into a competitor to war thunder. Which they deliberately did not do. They seem to believe in the civilian sim. But their marketplace activity directly seem to contradict this.

I think weā€™ll see our confirmation later today with the next ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  update of the marketplace neither bringing the JF Piper nor the Sceneca that was coming ā€šin the next daysā€˜.

I burst out in laughter imagining Apple formulating a blog post boasting they released a whopping ten apps this week as if that would be anything to be proud of.

Iā€˜m sitting on unused Xbox funds I have no idea what to do with. Where the desired state for a marketplace operator would be to have so much good stuff on offer people wouldnā€˜t know what to buy first or where to take all the money from. And itā€˜s not like it would be impossible as the products are there. The Flight sim marketplace team just doesnā€™t seem interested in properly running a business.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s amazing. Iā€™d hand over my wallet to Microsoft if they added JF, Aerosoft, and PDMG. And donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™ve purchased and enjoyed a lot of the military aircraft (F-14, Spitfire, MB-339) but enough is enough at this point. I think we all have plenty of options to choose from for now. Letā€™s get some of the other types of aircraft up there.

1 Like

I suspect that the problem is just a lack of manpower to process new products. My aircraft got delayed for Marketplace ( and console ) release also due to a lack of communication from the team, but there is no lack of enthusiasm and apart from that one slip theyā€™ve been pretty amazing.

I canā€™t speak to the security stuff as I frankly am not experienced in how thatā€™s being handled, other than to say that Iā€™d rather have it than be without it. I hope they get things smoothed out soon.

1 Like

I get why they do would this on PC, but what is this good for on Xbox.
There is no way to copy a plane out of a folder on Xbox and give it to somebody else who can then put it on his Xbox. There is zero reason to use DRM on the addons for Xbox.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you had a good experience and hope you are having success given the support you guys are giving in the threads for your aircraft. If none of my wishlist airframes materialize I may pick one up just to support the efforts of devs who obviously care about their customers the way JF does.

It is obvious that some of the other devs are having a hard time and are getting frustrated.

Given the amount of bugs that exist on a lot of marketplace items, the fact that the JF arrows were kicked back due to bugs doesnā€™t pass the smell testā€¦

idk if they have drm on xbox aswell.

1 Like

What are Microsoft playing at. Theyā€™re idiots, they really are. Unfortunately Iā€™m on Xbox otherwise Iā€™d be buying from your site. Their procrastinating over actually adding quality aircraft to the marketplace is doing my head in.

2 Likes

Is there any way this can be brought to Microsoft /Asoboā€™s attention? That the amount of content for PC users (and especially Xbox users) is pitiful. And that they need to stop dragging their heels and get more products that are ready, on there. Sending files to them and it taking six weeks to get even some sort of response, for a company of Microsoftā€™s size, is pathetic. Thereā€™s no excuse for it, in my opinion.

4 Likes