Just Flight's FS Traffic for MSFS

Yes it is.It works for me.

Yes, and be sure to use the “Reduced Ground Clutter” option in GSX as well.

Once I used the JF standalone manager application to remove all the extra ground stuff for use with GSX, as suggested, I can see traffic properly. Amusing to see JANET Airlines subcontracting out to Southwest, Spirit and Sun Country though, lol. :wink:

(Yes, I know it’s just spawning aircraft into valid parking spots - I’m being tongue-in-cheek).

1 Like

Cheers.Not picked up on that.

Okay watching the traffic take off and land, at least to me, is miles better than what the default AI was like.

The mystery of Janet airlines, something big is going down :sunglasses:. Thanks for the answer. I will land at KLAS and tweak accordingly!

Many thanks for the answer.

1 Like

The 200% setting does work, but it is limited by the number of available gates at the airport you are currently located at. For example, if the airport you are at already has aircraft occupying all the gates, you won’t see any difference in traffic between 100% and 200% as there will be no free gates for the extra aircraft to generate at.

Removing and regenerating at 200% should be done with care, however, as we have seen instances where a very large number of Ai is generated around large international airports, and it can be asking the sim a lot to handle if you are removing and regenerating traffic in quick succession (however, we have seen instances where more than 400 Ai have been generated at once and the sim does remain stable).

Mark - Just Flight

So I am going to apologise in this instance to Just Flight, The product is better than I have seen. I fully take back what I said at this point. However and it is not an excuse, but the video should be a little more detailed, its fine for a vanilla sim, but those of us with 100’s of add-on airports, GSX etc it would be good to cover that in the same video.

Despite it being a silly thing, nobody reads the manual unless its life or death. That is on me however!

Please disregard my previous posts way up, I will delete them.

Once again, I apologise to Just flight, I was hasty. zealous and rather silly!

Thanks to all who have posted helpful stuff.

7 Likes

Here’s a quick video of an FSLTL vs FS Traffic comparison.
A couple disclaimers

This was MSFS in Ultra Settings @ 1440p (100% traffic for FS Traffic) (120 IFR/100 spawn radius for air and ground for FSLTL)
I wouldn’t really count those displayed FPS as a major factor as I’ve made the observations in drone mode at 140 Speed along with 1-3x simrate variation to speed up traffic (or whatever number values MSFS uses for thatđŸ€Ș) In which both affect/fluctuate FPS/performance in their own way.
So as far as which accurately/technically performs better I don’t have any idea.
This is a tough one honestly! Which will I keep installed for now?
It will certainly be FS Traffic. It FEELS cleaner loading/performance wise, the AI seems much more competent during landing/takeoff/taxi right away and it’s simply install and forget.

Both addons are still limited by MSFS’s AI for now, and that was to be expected, but FS Traffic planes behave much better, I was really expecting the FS Traffic planes to totally over and under shoot the runways at Santos Dumont as they do with FSLTL, the FS Traffic planes handled the 3rd party airport quite well. I also prefer the FS Traffic sounds over FSLTL. I know both addons will get their fair share of attention and improvements over time as MS/Asobo improves AI. So it’s really a win win situation for us. I hope this video helps and answers some questions for those still on the fence.:beer:

9 Likes

So for leisurely plane-spotting, sitting outside KSFO and hovering 200’ or so AGL to watch traffic, compared to FSLTL I’m seeing 2-4 FPS increase in performance with default traffic settings, and a LOT more ground traffic volume and variety.

The tower is working with the traffic incredibly well

Hey, any of you brave early purchasers spot a VATSIM VMR file for the aircraft pack in what’s been released so far? Curious if it has one.

Also, anyone noticed any difference to sim load up speed. I have a lot of AIG + FSTraffic that I use for VATSIM and it slows the load time up a bit, so was wondering if that is a bit better with this?

1 Like

A VMR file is included with FS Traffic and features extensive model matching utlising the FS Traffic fleet. The file is located at 
Community\justflight-fstraffic-controlcentre\Data\trafficControlCentre\VMR.

Mark - Just Flight

3 Likes

Is enroute traffic modelled and visible during flight as well as airport traffic?

Yeah leaving Phoenix I saw some planes flying with con trails up high along my path to Vegas

(post deleted by author)

Oh seriously dont be pedantic how many times have connection to ms servers been lost ? there are posts about it how long was outlook down yesterday? sometimes remote servers go down get attacked or just suffer an outage it was just a observation that fsltl relies on a third party server that aig and fs traffic do not

ok im gonna come clean although i currently use fsltl i cannot stand it i think its god awful, ive had it on tonight and not seen a single plane i landed on the isle of wight and its rezzing planes at Gatwick wth is it doing that? ive also noticed frequently when using fsltl that i arrive at an airport to find all the buildings missing and i have to re spawn. Aig is better but a higher fps hit so i am hoping that fs traffic provides a good fps and good service

I spawned in earlier at KSFO and there were two contrails flying high overhead headed toward the Pacific. So FS Traffic seems to also inject some traffic “just passing through” over or near your departure airport, at least.

I am doing a flight from KBUR and KLAS, and there has been no comms between ATC and the other flights Only my flight. I can see them and their contrails. When doing this route with FSLTL or AIG, there are all sorts of comms going on.

I have it and well, no traffic

Seems buggy with unclear and contradictory instructions in their forums

1 Like

Is this only available via the Just Flight store at this time?