Just got a brand new pc any tips for installation?

Dunno, haven’t seen the documentation the OP has got from the PC shop who built it

Look we are going round in circles here and can discuss this all day but in the end we are both right and wrong in essence.

Yes whilst one can update their BiOS ,of course they can ……but just because you can doesn’t mean you should

It can be risky and I’m not on here to tell the OP that yeah update the BIOS because like I said unless his machine is buggy etc then there really isn’t any need to do it and it can cause your system to not reboot after if something goes wrong

Let’s put this ping pong :ping_pong: game to rest now as I’m just erring on the side of caution

One last point , I bet most people don’t update their BIOS anyway Do You Need to Update Your Computer’s BIOS?

Fair enough.

I’m quite sure you are right, outside of enthusiast circles.

As a final point, I will draw attention to something mentioned further above in the thread - many people don’t realise just how important the “BIOS” (it’s not really been a BIOS for years now!) is in modern chipsets, especially AMD. In days gone by, it was just a bit of code to bootstrap your OS and manage a glorified IO chipset and memory bus, but in modern systems these chipsets are hugely sophisticated entities that literally work hand in hand with the CPU - embedded firmware running on microprocessors that have performance to shame many CPUs of not so long ago!

Much of the performance and stability of a modern system originates from this partnership between CPU and chipset, but with sophistication comes complexity, and with complexity comes bugs and other defects that need patching and, sadly, that means BIOS updates.

I shall gracefully bow out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even if i´m not a beginner, I have to say: Well explained! Thanks for your patience with the newbies! :clap: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Yes seconded. Thanks everyone. I loved it on xbox but my word…PC? Crazy beautiful.

Leave your machine on for a week. It lets the thermal paste soak into the chips. Even though the motherboard, GPU are burnt in, the CPU is a fresh install. More than likely that people that built this machine ran a burn in program. Overclocking will void a warranty so be careful if you choose that route.

Things are starting to get weird now. Best you stop visiting this thread and just play :laughing:

BIOS updates
I wouldn’t update the BIOS unless there is a reason to.

I updated to the latest BIOS version on one ASUS gaming PC because I bought the motherboard not long after it’s release and I noticed 7 BIOS update versions since release so updated it to latest version to ensure I benefitted from all the revisions.

On another gaming PC I bought and installed a new latest tech SSD drive. I looked through the bios revision notes and noticed the newer latest bios version supported my new SSD drive and improved comms and write read speeds etc so chose to instal it.

Although if someone has the time, inclination and knows what they’re doing then updating it every time there is an update is ok too

1 Like

Yes in that instance I agree about updating your bios, but you had a valid reason to upgrade although I suspect if you didn’t upgrade you would be none the wiser in terms of speed etc

I’m only going to say this once as I have said enough on this subject……if you are happy to do it , know what your doing then go ahead, if you are a bit cautious leave it alone , the benefits are negligible unless it specifically tells you to update bios in release notes

1 Like

Congrats on the new machine. Did you have problems sourcing the GFX card?

Good luck with the new gear! Sounds like you’re off to a great start.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.