Just Flight Arrow III Copilot Not Appearing in Cabin

The copilot is not appearing in the cabin even though it is selected on the EFB. Does anybody recall the fix? I can see the plane drop a bit from the weight as the copilot is added, but the avatar does not show up in the interior view. I tried matching the avatar to the external avatar, but that does not work either. I didn’t have this problem prior to this recent update. Suggestions?

Did you download latest update from JustFlight?

I’m not sure if that will help your issue or not, but there is an update on 8-5-21.

I don’t normally have the co-pilot showing but after the update on the 5th I can’t get the avionics to turn on in the Warrior.

For the GNS530, put on the battery

and then turn the power/vol knob clockwise. It turns on the avionic panel and you can adjust volume level with it

Update from 05-08-21 installed

1 Like

Thanks…the second picture…you would expect it to work to turn it off but it doesn’t .
The old remedy from IT “ have you tried turning it off and back on again “

Well, I can turn it off and on, as many times as I please.
I hover over the knob with the mouse and turn the mouse wheel.
In the accessibility menu the cockpit interaction system is set to Legacy
The battery switch of course stays on

Co pilot invisible to me aswell - unless you use an external view in which case they are sitting there as large as life!

1 Like

I have the Third party GNS530 Mod so perhaps that is why.

The same here.
I am on the latest build.
In external view no copilot as well
Nothing on Justflight’s fora about this?

Regarding the copilot issue. Ya…no info I can find anywhere. The update said they were still working on things, so maybe this is a carry over from SU5 (?), although I don’t think I had this issue then.

Looks like my topic is getting highjacked by the GNS530 issue…not cool. It’s so easy to post your specific issue. And if I had a GNS issue, I’d wouldn’t be looking under this topic heading.

No worries really. …just be cooll and consider the OP trying to get results for a specific issue.

5 Likes

I did. Although it looks like others are having this issue, so I suppose it’ll get resolved eventually.

1 Like

So, developers had been using undocumented methods to get the co-pilot to show. I imagine, in their attempts to tighten down on the LOD display to improve performance, they changed something about the co-pilot, hence, no co-pilot is showing in any 3rd party aircraft that was using the default Avatars

Carenado’s are working, but, I wish they didn’t given we can’t choose the avatar. So I imagine it will get sorted eventually.

Thank you so much. That’s done the trick.

Yeh , sorry about the hijacking. Won’t happen again

No worries. After reading your comment I found I had the same problem you were describing as well. I later purchased the warrior and had the same problems with both the gns and copilot.

My apologies for the hijack as well. I can confirm that the co-pilot does not appear inside in the Warrior either. For me this is a good thing as it scares the ■■■■ out of me ever time I turn to the right in VR. You can open a trouble ticket with JustFlight. on their website.

Will do. Not really a big deal for now. I’m really enjoying how the essentials are working. At least the weight of the copilot seems to work. I wonder how accurate it is. I’ll never forget my first solo in a 152, the instructor said one of the first things I’ll notice is how easy the plane will lift off the runway without the added weight.

2 Likes

One thing I wish JustFlight would implement is to remember the pilot (and co-pilot if applicable) weights entered would be remember with the state saving enabled. They remember the fuel amount and weight but not the pilot and/or co-pilot weights.

1 Like

What I’ve been doing is going into the flight_model.cfg for my favorite aircraft and changing the station weights. You’ll easily see where station 1 (the pilot) is set at 170 and copilot either at 0 or 170. Change these to the weight you desire, and it will always be there until you download an update. For the Justflight models, I’m leaving the copilot at “0” since the software will add the weight for you as you select it from the EFB. The thought just occured to me that the weight in parenthesis for the lustflight copilot (170) can probably be changed to what ever weight you want loaded when you select to add the copilot. You’ll see what I mean with you do this. For Justflight models go to Community:justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii:SimObjects:Airplanes:JF_PA28_Arrow:flight_model.cfg. Open the file with notepad and find the station weights as I described above. There’s probably other things that can be changed here (e.g. starting fuel %), but I haven’t messed with these.

same problem here, no Copilots in Arrows, DC6, CRJ in no payware Plane, hoping its getting fixed fast, because its looking weired, if you flying Airliners, like CRJ oder DC6 without propper Crews.