Just Flight

I heard it was going to the marketplace but recall no mention of whether it is also going to be available on XBox. Not everything on the marketplace works on XBox.

We did get a status update on the marketplace version a few days ago. TLDR - Microsoft claimed there were bugs that JF had never heard of and cannot reproduce so the marketplace release is on hold for the moment.

The bugs thing is very suspicious to me. The developer should be able to replicate them. That is, if the bugs actually exist. Not really sure what’s going on, but I’d bet a sizeable amount of money that there’s something else going on with Microsoft there.

Point 2 of your comment. I think you may have this the wrong way round. I think MS market place should be supporting independent developers more. I long ago stopped buying from market place. You buy direct from the developer sites and you are kept aware of updates as soon as they release, any problems you encounter and they will generally support you straight away with a resolution too. Last night for instance I had an email from Hype providing a link to the brand new updated version of their H145 to download and replace the previous version. You’re not getting that in market place.
By buying directly I’m also ensuring they get 100% of my money to support them going forward and hopefully encourage them to continue with new products.
By going to those individual independent sites that you know produce good work you know that you are assured quality add-on’s that work or, on the odd occasion when they don’t there will pretty much be a quick hot fix. Market place on the other hand peddles all manner of add on’s, ranging from top quality to absolute garbage.
Anyone fairly new to the sim can easily spend a considerable amount of money in market place, not knowing what they are getting for their money.

3 Likes

I would 100% do this, but unfortunately the Xbox makes it impossible. I realise that’s my choice, to use that platform. I don’t want to use the marketplace due to the myriad of issues, more than anything. And I absolutely agree with directly supporting 3rd party devs.

2 Likes

Any more updates on this? Or are Microsoft still being obstinate and talking about phantom bugs that nobody else can replicate?

We’re making slight progress with them. They are finding issues with the Xbox version and one or two with the PC version. It’s very painful but all points towards issues with their way of doing this and given the amount of custom code within our add-ons the chances of issues arising are heightened. We’re combining all that with trying to get our other products ready for release so stuff we can influence and move forward with gets precedence at the moment. Big shame.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update. Yes it is a shame that. They seem so backwards with how they deal with things. Hopefully things will improve in time.

What? You guys didn’t copy paste default avionics and another aircraft’s flight model onto a purchased 3D model? No marketplace for you!

Good luck with the T1 Hawk - that aircraft looks awesome.

3 Likes

After i read this thread and the thread about Seafront Simulations… there must be some heavy complicatons for high sophisticated mods on xbox. cant Imagine what PMDG has now issues with bringing their DC6 to the marketplace.

but hell yeah… copy cats mods are coming into marketplace…

This is a MSFS problem with the way they do things. Other games on Xbox support mods no problem.

The Milviz dev said WASM code was not playing nice with Xbox’s DRM. Not sure if it is the same with JF. I still think MS/Asobo are in no rush anyway because of their partnership with Carenado and that Arrow is on the marketplace.

no, it is about the custom code - JF and the PMDG with the DC6 are using a lot of custom code. there must be some barriers on the marketplace in the usage of custom code.

I think the more I read, the more I think that stuff with more complex flight models will never appear on the marketplace. Which is likely to mean that if I want to use the sim to it’s fullest, I will need to invest in a PC and buy direct from developers.

3 Likes

Yes, their DRM like I mentioned. So are 3rd party developers not allowed to use any custom code if they want to sell an aircraft on Xbox or is MS/Asobo going to fix it? Not quite what Jorg sold to customers or the 3rd party dev community pre Xbox launch…

In the meantime we are stuck with Russian fighters stuffed with g3000s…

I certainly don’t think something like the DC-6 will ever be available on Xbox. I’d like to think that Just Flight aircraft will be available, but let’s just say I’m not hopeful. At all. Same goes for something like PMDG 737. Not a chance we’ll ever see that on the marketplace.

Saving up for a decent PC it is, then!

4 Likes

I wish they would do the Beech C90.

2 Likes

Just Flight flight models are really good, they are good products! but the exterior modeling and the details have Pixels of PlayStation 3, they are very
good products but have a lack of graphic quality, for me are incomplete products, since they do not take advantage of the potential of the simulator

Justflight are superb.
Good quality addons and their support is second to none.

PMDG are also superb and for the same reasons I stated for JF.

I’d buy directly from these guys every single time.

2 Likes

Personally I’m here to fly so as long as the visuals meet a basic level what matters to me is how they fly.

of course, everyone has their own criteria

Just hold fire at least for this week and see what news is forthcoming. Will ensure you get an update in here. Things looked a little better back end of last week hopefully the good news might continue. Bear with and I’ll report back as soon as I can.

4 Likes