JustSim price difference SimMarket vs. ingame store

Hi all,

I just noticed that JustSim scenery are much cheaper in the ingame store than on SimMarket. For example, EDDL is at 17.49 EUR ingame while they ask 23.68 EUR at SimMarket:

Does anybody know whether there is a difference between both scenery? The ingame version has been released 8 days later, but this could simply be cause by a latency during the release process.

There are no additional taxes applied when buying in the ingame store, are they?

Thank you in advance for your help!

It’s €19.00 for me on SimMarket.

Seriously? I definitively have 23.68 EUR:

Maybe this is country-dependent? For me it says “incl. 19% tax”. But this would still not correlate to your price. 19 EUR plus 19% tax are 22.61 EUR.

Independent of this, 19,00 EUR would still be a difference to the ingame store.

Just FYI, the FSElite announcement was saying 19.90 EUR:
https://fselite.net/tag/eddl/

If you add 19% tax to that, you are at the value of 23.68 EUR.

24,08€ on simmarket. They’re known for inflated prices, not the first time.

1 Like

The price in € includes taxes, we in europe always display the full price to not confuse customers. And why it is 17,49€ on marketplace then? That’s more than 6€ difference.

Is that because you actually buying something priced in US $ and 17.49 euros is the converted currency price?

I think it is, because simmarket customers can benefit from discounts, if they bought a former version of this scenery for another platform

The ingame marketplace could be some compromise to generate the same mean margin

For me it’s still 23.68 this morning.

Sure, I’m aware of that. But it seems like they show different prices in different countries. For me it looks like 19.90 EUR is the base price and then they add local taxes if applicable.

That could indeed be an explanation. 19.90 USD is 16.96 EUR, that’s at least pretty close.

This is also possible

Another explanation could be that they reduced the price in the ingame market a little bit in order to be cheaper than the competitors.

But bottom line is the scenery are cheaper in the ingame market for whatever reason, but there is no apparent evidence that both are different scenery, right?

For JustSim - it’s all overpriced :wink:

Yeah, I had some scenery from JustSim for XP11, so I know what I can expect.

Above 20 EUR would indeed be too much in my eyes, but the ingame price would actually be okay for me.

Pricing varies often. I have bought several addons at different sources because of the price. I don’t see the problem here. Orbx often is cheaper tan the marketplace too, and Flightsim.com almost always is cheaper than simmarket.com

I can only speak for Riga. Night textures are very bad. Just arrived here on Monday in RL and compared it to Justsim‘s scenery.
Day textures are okay

Their Riga could have been a lot better, but unfortunately I don’t expect anyone else to do a better version.

You never know.
There are currently lots of independent developers even working with Aerosoft.
Maybe there will be something new.

Think of Pyreguee, I did not expect that quality before. And they also don’t do the bright stars

Hopefully

looking forward to Drzewiecki updating Tallinn for baltic airports :wink:

Just FYI, the price difference seems to affect only JustSim proje

I’m trying to keep the number of stores to a minimum in order to make it not too complicated to keep everything up to date. But such a huge price difference would indeed make me buy at another store. However, buying and updating something in the ingame market is not really an logistical overhead :wink:

Unfortunately, this is the same for the EDDL scenery that I’m planning to buy. The textures, in particular at night, are not at the level I would expect them to be, in particular for the price at simmarket. Scenery of Orbx, Gaya, and Aerosoft are much better for a cheaper price.

But nobody else announced EDDL for MSFS so far and at the ingame store price, the JustSim scenery marginally acceptable.

Well, sometimes you have to pay extra for the convenience :slight_smile:

In this particular case (buying JustSim scenery in the ingame store), you actually pay less :wink:

so much the better :slight_smile:
I prefer not to buy from the marketplace since they are too slow with the updates for my taste.