KADW - Andrews - CTD Analysis by Community contributions

How about the registry key not found ?
HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentVersion\appx\PackageSidRefMicrosoftFlight…

maybe should be PackageSidRef\MicrosoftFlight…

I have a PackageSidRef but no PackageSidRefMicrosoftFLight…
or a MicrosoftFlight… folder under PackageSidRef

no, registry is not the problem, it is in these 2 files.did you try with just one of them instead of both ?

I tried replacing both with files from an earlier version… did not work CTD.

Now I am trying, as you did, just removing them

If that works, I will see if can add one of them back in, without it crashing

@Nirgal2776 You are AMAZING !!! with those 2 files removed, I can fly all over that CTD zone !!

Now to see which one is causing the issue … Great stuff !!

Just removing the

bldo010.cgl

stops the CTD is the area for me,

I did rebuild the layout.json ( do not know how really necessary that is )

SUCCESS … great job all, especially @Nirgal2776 - but it was a great team effort :+1:

Note: Replacing that bldo010.cgl with the file from a few months ago, did not seem to cure the CTDs, but , for the time being, until Asobo does a proper fix, removing that one file would seem to allow flying back into that popular area.

8 Likes

Can you see any abnormalies now in this area? Missing buildings and stuff?

YES !!! What has got removed by removing the file (maybe)

2 Likes

The ■■■■ Costco crashed our sims? :joy:

7 Likes

i think an “autogen” building from blackshark is corrupted and by removing its footprint contains in this cgl file, the error gone. But the problem is not really in the cgl, t’hat’s why you have the ctd with the old cgl. but it is out of my skill. Only Asobo or blackshark can fix this

1 Like

i don’t think the area affected by the missing file should be very large

I almost spit out my coffee.

Thanks @N6722C for corralling the troops.

1 Like

my pleasure my friend :grinning:

I think this is what was being corrected ?

BTW, it is EXACTLY at the Center point identified earlier !!!

2 Likes

the issue should be with the building at this place, not with elevation (contain in dem*.cgl)

Its great to see the Forum Community working to together in a positive way.
Amazing what a group effort can achieve.

7 Likes

Asobo, as a thought, the sim should be able to ingest bad data and tolerate it. It should not CTD for this kind of error.

3 Likes

handling error is always difficult in such a huge program with millions of code line. i don’t blame them for it, i’m a c++ dev and i know how it can be easy to make a mistake, even in a small software.
But at least, they should listen the community to fix issue. they seem so deaf to information feedback…

1 Like

And some entry in the Dev Console log would have possibly saved everyone a lot of time and effort ( Including Asobo in the future)

Yup, great job guys! That was well executed investigative work! :+1:t3:

Now a mod has to pass it to Asobo please, because id assume it will be relatively easy for them to identify the issue.

I agree with your point in general. I don’t think they’re deaf… I think their agile development roadmap is too long.

Maybe six mons initial launch delay might have had the MVP and subsequent releases in a very different place.