KADW - Andrews - CTD Analysis by Community contributions

YES !!! What has got removed by removing the file (maybe)

2 Likes

The ā– ā– ā– ā–  Costco crashed our sims? :joy:

7 Likes

i think an ā€œautogenā€ building from blackshark is corrupted and by removing its footprint contains in this cgl file, the error gone. But the problem is not really in the cgl, tā€™hatā€™s why you have the ctd with the old cgl. but it is out of my skill. Only Asobo or blackshark can fix this

1 Like

i donā€™t think the area affected by the missing file should be very large

I almost spit out my coffee.

Thanks @N6722C for corralling the troops.

1 Like

my pleasure my friend :grinning:

I think this is what was being corrected ?

BTW, it is EXACTLY at the Center point identified earlier !!!

2 Likes

the issue should be with the building at this place, not with elevation (contain in dem*.cgl)

Its great to see the Forum Community working to together in a positive way.
Amazing what a group effort can achieve.

7 Likes

Asobo, as a thought, the sim should be able to ingest bad data and tolerate it. It should not CTD for this kind of error.

3 Likes

handling error is always difficult in such a huge program with millions of code line. i donā€™t blame them for it, iā€™m a c++ dev and i know how it can be easy to make a mistake, even in a small software.
But at least, they should listen the community to fix issue. they seem so deaf to information feedbackā€¦

1 Like

And some entry in the Dev Console log would have possibly saved everyone a lot of time and effort ( Including Asobo in the future)

Yup, great job guys! That was well executed investigative work! :+1:t3:

Now a mod has to pass it to Asobo please, because id assume it will be relatively easy for them to identify the issue.

I agree with your point in general. I donā€™t think theyā€™re deafā€¦ I think their agile development roadmap is too long.

Maybe six mons initial launch delay might have had the MVP and subsequent releases in a very different place.

i didnā€™t have to and it works, so it should not be mandatory

@tamalien can this thread be escalated to Asobo? 100% reproducible CTD has been isolated and workaround identified.

What surprise (and upsets me) is to see all the error messages in the Dev Console log, day after day, week after week, Month after month, Revision after Revision, and no attempts to correct what seem to be very basic errors.

This is the low hanging fruit - errors that are being flagged, often in detail, and should be easy to fix ā€“ yet they get ignored, while more Gaming features are being piled on top of a shaky foundation, that is buckling under the strain.

1 Like

so now you know how to do if you have the same ctd in another place. Run Procmon from syternalssuite (from Microsoft) to monitor MSFS activity and find last files accessed before the crash.

1 Like

yes, but i remember fsx had a lot too viewable by activating error logging (i donā€™t remember where, in .cfg ?)

How about those registry keys not found ? (not existing ā€¦ seeming to have corrupted path ? . )