Kai Tak Airport

I was highly delighted to find that the old Kai Tak airport of Hongkomg is available for download. The airport itself is great!
However, they announce ist as “Kai Tak heart attack” which should be based on the regular approach to runway 13 which was directed to the “checkerboard” (a sign like a checkerboard painted at a hill) and shortly before touchdown the aircraft (already between the highrise buildings) had to perform a 48° right turn to align with the runway. Nothing like this is in the scenery! The approach goes directly to runway 13. A big disppointment!
2021-02-22T15:29:00Z

I installed the Hong Kong landmarks add on and then the Kai Tak airport and I do have Checkerboard Hill there and despite there is a few highrise buildings at the far end of Kai Tak airport which probably comes from the landmarks add on and really dont belong there then it all looks pretty good and a great place both to land airliners and to fly small props around between the skyscrapers :slight_smile:

https://discord.gg/wTuu7BSF3U here is redwing discord if you have any questions you can ask there

1 Like