KAP AP Altitude hold

I’ve noticed a strange bug when flying some of the GA planes and addons: the altitude wants to hold at the pressure of 29.92 even if the pressure is different.

For example if the presure is 30.12 the altitude hold won’t use the current pressure altitude to hold at, but keeps going to whatever the altidue would be if the pressure was 29.92.

Anyone else notice this?

The KAP AP has it’s own baro setting. Are you setting it?

1 Like

The real KAP 140 has the installation option to allow remote baro correction from a unit within the aircraft that has the ability to provide the baro correction signal. However I don’t believe the sim has this function working so as suggested you have to do the AP baro setting manually using the baro button to enter the baro mode and the knob to change it to the required value.

3 Likes

thanks ill look into this

The sim is capable of supporting either mode, if the plane’s flightmodel.cfg has the right parameters set to the right value. (which , at least till recently, they did not, – or just left the parameter out all together).

Some simple work arounds. –

(1) use the Keyboard key to set the Altimeters baros – agreed, not very immersive, but a work around.
(2) Accept that the Transponder may indicate Atitutde as opposed to FL, if thing have not been programmed correctly.

Be aware that at least till recently, the AP was using the Transponder baro, so adjusting the AP baro, had no effect on the AP’s altitude . !!

Pressing the keyboard B key, at least set ALL the Baros, including (unfortunately) the one in the TRANSPONDER, so the TRANSPONDER then displays Altitude and not FL. (but this is not your Primary Altitude Gauge)

Read the SDK, and note all the new Blocked RED Warning text about Incorrect Indexing - especially if you are a developer, developing or maintaining your planes.

CONFUSED - don’t blame you … so just hit the B key, and get back to flying !@!!

1 Like

I’ve haven’t come across an aircraft yet that uses this mode correctly. Not saying it’s not in there someplace but just that it doesn’t seem to be implemented yet.

Then you are in for a pleasant surprise, by the end of the month :speak_no_evil:

Here ya go @SinfulDanTheMan

What’s the special event?