KDFW Ground texture problem - PC

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Don’t have any for TX area

Brief description of the issue:

KDFW used to look great (even though it caused CTD’s after SU9/10) Now it seems to have lost a lot of the airport parts. Gangways don’t connect to the terminals. Tram has gone. Seems like a lot of the coolness from the Handcrafted part is missing? Maybe it got dumbed down a bit too much? I deleted it after the update and reinstalled it just incase something happened during the initial update. (yes, I deleted cache, restarted correctly, normal tricks, etc)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Is this what everyone else is currently seeing?

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Spawn in and enjoy the new look

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

XBOX series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

According to latest Bing Maps - Directions, trip planning, traffic cameras & more view, nope, not like that. Gates are connected to buildings. The gate accessways are also actually connected to the building. Nope this one is not correct. Far in the distance, next building to the top of the picture looks more correct. I usually fly cargo plane out of KDFW, so never use an actual gate to depart from in sim. Doing that my view of AP is not even as clear as your picture.

3 Likes

Looks beautiful for me including moving trams, so not sure what’s going on in your setup.

2 Likes

Tried deleting KDFW yet again, empty cache, complete restart, unplugged, etc Reinstalled KDFW, restarted etc. And still missing parts of the airport it seems. Any other XBOXers seeing the same thing I am, or am I just the lucky one. No other airport add ons installed (gangways, trucks, etc) The tram is there moving (in mid air), I must of missed that in my previous post above. Weird!

3 Likes

Ya SU 11 broke the game. Go to this thread and contribute to the issue:

2 Likes

The main terminal seems fine, but some of the side ones.
Boom!

4 Likes

Wow, looks like a big excavator dug out that terminal. Xbox, well that explains it for me.

3 Likes

It was fine on Xbox before Friday

3 Likes

I see that the kdfw had been reported over a year ago. Why can’t we get this airport fixed? I was able to land and taxi to the gate. The textures were blurry the whole time. When I pressed the Xbox menu button. It was giving me the options to turn off console, turn off controller, or restart console. So i had to turn the console off and restart the game. When loading back to dfw from the world map. The game froze again. I restarted the game one more time and repeated the process. This time it did load in to dfw but after 20 min.

4 Likes

I totally agree. After the last sim update I can no longer taxi from one side of KDFW to the other. Example I land on runway 18R . My gate is E35. The taxiways linking the West side of airport to the East side have collapsed. There is no way to get to the other side. KDFW was destroyed after the last update.

3 Likes

Never noticed these floating buildings at KDFW before (north east side), clearly some elevation issues.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the Love Field payware include downtown Dallas? Unfortunately, if a city update specifically featuring Texas hasn’t done it, I doubt it’ll ever see the light of day (at least till MSFS2024 anyway). Maybe the Love Field addon is the best way?

3 Likes

A block of posts have been removed due to off-topic arguments about the validity of discussing bugs like this.

A reminder to all that we want to make these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Microsoft Flight Simulator related topics, and to give us your feedback on the sim. We value constructive criticism about MSFS as it helps the developers further understand, triage and resolve problems within Microsoft Flight Simulator.

If you want to continue participating in this thread, avoid posts aimed at other users, and focus only on discussing the issues with this airport in the sim.

I purchased KDAL and received a refund. The buildings are done well. But there are dual taxiway and runway markings. Also dual lines going into the parking gates. KDAL was poorly done. But the default KDAL is much better than the default KDFW. Asobo/MS have done numerous “updates” to KDFW over the past 3 years. But each one has made it worse. The latest update has made KDFW unuseable.

KDFW is totally broken, with blurry textures everywhere. Needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

For the love of god, please fix KDFW. Spent over an hour trying to fly out of it, only to hit taxiway and runway tears, missing bridges, etc. Beyond frustrating to keep crashing - on taxi and on 36R, trying to takeoff, only to hit a scenery bug and start all over. Clearly, this has been a known issue for a while now. And no, we shouldn’t have to turn off photogrammetry as a “solve”. This is one of the largest airports in the US. It needs to work. Please, please fix. Thank you.

4 Likes

In MSFS 2024 it will be fixed. If they have done nothing to fix it by now, it’s not going to happen.

3 Likes

I’m flying out of KDFW often, and as of right now it is the worst place I go to. It almost looks like there are blurry overlays on top of otherwise sharp textures. You can see distinct lines where the blur stops and its sharp again.

This old problem: Runway Tears / Terrain Issues in Photogrammetry Areas - #282 is back with a vengeance here. There are really bad tears throughout this scenery that need to be addressed.

I just tried to fly out of there tonight and the texturing was horrendous. During takeoff on 17R I hit a tear in the texture on the runway and ended up upside down. I restarted and tried 17C and ended up upside down again. I quit for the night. It’s too bad, but this major USA hub is completely unusable. I wish a good scenery developer would do this airport. The Asobo version is no go.

3 Likes

I’ve solved my issue with DFW. I’ve uninstalled the handcrafted garbage and just fly into the payware third party KDAL across town.

3 Likes