Kenichi Ochiai Is Back with new freeware Japanese scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator (and bonus Hawaii)

Kenichi Ochiai has been making some really good Japanese scenery for a long, long time, and now he’s back working on Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I thought I’d post it here since he doesn’t post on the usual Flightsim.to where everyone looks for scenery and the site is in Japanese, so it may be hard to find.

You can find his work here (no photogrammetry, it’s all hand-made)
http://p3d.o.oo7.jp/FS2020LINK.html

and posts about his progress here
http://fsx.o.oo7.jp/FS2020.html

While it’s in Japanese, it should be easy to understand with Google translate.

19 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Good to see Osaka and Kyoto getting some love :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hoping to see more. I still remember how good the Japanese mods were in old SimCity 4.
Sick and talented people!

1 Like

His work is terrific. The Waikiki beachfront is awesome, as are the various sceneries in Japan.

very interested in giving this a try…
Just wondering how you are installing this (presuming you have tried) - none of it comes in a folder once you have unzipped - presume you just create a folder “osaka” for example and drop the files into then place into the community folder?

Indeed. You just make your own folder (one for each scenery).

thanks for the reply.
1)Ok will give it a try for the Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya sceneries - so just to be clear you need to create a folder (any name will do) for each of the files you download then simply drop into the community folder? (you can’t combine everything together for each city)
2)For the Tokyo stuff already have the samscene Tokyo add on (which contains a few landmarks already) just wondering which of the Tokyo add on’s its safe to use with this payware?- can see there is a Tokyo pack that seems to references the samscene Tokyo scenery (my Japanese isn’t very good!) but guessing this scenery can be used with the samscene one?

1: yes
2: There is actually a version of the Tokyo Scenery made to work with Samscene3D’s. It’s the link that says " 東京シーナリー (SamScene3D Tokyo Landmark Enhanced for MSFS対応版)"

thanks will give it a try…
in terms of the individual Tokyo landmarks (I saw 5 or 6 ) and the Yokohama scenery would you suggest trying them with the samscene scnenery? - or will some of these already be in the samscene compatible pack?

I actually wouldn’t use Yokohama because for some reason the landmark tower duplicates the one included by Asobo by default (Tokyo is fine).

As for the others, I use only the Tokyo Aqualine (the fifth), which is very relevant since it’s right in front of Haneda. The rest was included in the world update.

This guy is a true master! I love his Scenerys and Tokyo looks so much more alive an better then the default one or even samscene! This guy deserves all the recognition he gets

1 Like

For all Japan-Flyers out there - this is a must-install! The difference between Asobo-Osaka and Kenichi-Osaka is mindblowing!!

1 Like

So what is the latest on Ochiai’s vs Asobo/Samscene latest?

If Ochiai’s… then is it preferred to uninstall Asobo & Samscene?

Also found this off his site…

http://www.cty-net.ne.jp/~jf2pvy/ochi_google.html

1 Like

I shall check that out. Ken’s stuff is superb and works really well.

I did download one of those photogrammetry cities, but it doesn’t look like they’re optimised in any way. The one I looked at comprised 63k individual files for one city, this will seriously affect your game loading time.

He has updated the scenery since March. A marvel each time for us Nippon flyers.

As someone living in Tokyo, I have to say a huge thank you to @Abriael for posting this. His stuff works really well with SamScene’s and he seems to be updating it fairly regularly.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on this site from now on!

2 Likes

Can anyone post an updated link for these sceneries? The link posted earlier seems to be dead. At least for me.

1 Like

Here is his current page for downloads: FS2020

5 Likes

And just to prove it, Tokyo was updated yesterday!