Key Bindings broken VR / Honeycomb Alpha

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
None

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO

Brief description of the issue:
I only fly VR.
Aside from the repeated CTDs since SU5, there now has arisen quite a strange problem:

1. The assigned Key bindings (using my Honeycomb Alpha flight controls) do not match what they do in-game - WHENEVER I press Button 1 (LH side of the yoke, rear), the flaps extend to 10° no matter what the assigned bindings are or wether I push the button in conjunction with another input. None of the defined controller profiles has this setting.
  2. I cannot change the controller profile at all. Yes, I can do so in the “Controls” section of the Settings screen but they do not have ANY result in the Sim. Using the pop-in menu for control profiles all I get is the “Honeycomb Alpha” and “Default” and while there are arrows suggesting I might change something, they do not do anything. I am not at all able to change to any other defined profile.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Use my PC works 100% of the time. I have not found this problem described here in the forums before.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Ryzen 9 3900X
32 GB RAM
RTX 2080 Ti

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Yes, #125015

OK, some update: I’ve figured out the weird flap behavior, I had to remove the key bindings for flap extension, which was a combination of two switches. For some reason, the sim can’t cope with that. Strangely it DOES work with switching between PC and VR view which is also a two-key combination. The problem seems to be entirely confined to the in-flight portion of controls…