Keyboard profile won't save?

Hi
strange problem with my Keyboard profile.it just won’t save a new one.I want to add wing views and can do that without a problem.
the issue is that when i save the new profile and rename it to Fenix A320.save again,go back into msfs2020 .go back into settings within 10 seconds the new profile has gone.it is back using the default keyboard profile.
doesn’t matter how many times i try and save a new profile it disappears.
any help appreciated
steve

1 Like

Try saving it without .save
Just type Fenix A320

Thanks
I’ve tried different names for profile.and duplicating the default with the key commands i want in that.as soon as i leave the settings page ,the profile is gone.!!.when i look again or restart msfs it is not there.i’ve even tried headbutting my desk.that didn’t work either.
steve

Try:
Delete all custom keyboards. Restart msfs.
Then open the default default keyboard and make one change only. It will prompt you to save and rename. Name it, save and click apply. Does this remain?
or
Try starting from a blank keyboard mapping. It would be a pain to remap the entire keyboard though.
Select New and name it something. Do Not use Copy. Then make only the views you want to create. Save it and click apply.
If it remains and works, my guess would be a corrupt keyboard .xml in msfs and using copy just carries over the problem to the new one.

Thanks CC.
I’ll try it.i have tried first part already.it doesn’t remain as soon as i leave settings ,when i go back it has disappeared.I’m hoping n ext patch will solve it when i reinstall msfs.
steve

1 Like

Hi !

I have a similar issue.

My keyboard settings does not stay. I can create a new profile, I can edit an actual one it doesn’t matter. Whenever I restart my sim, it will revert my settings.

For exemple if I change keybind mapping, it’ll work until I restart my Sim. If I create new profiles, they’ll be gone too. It’s only affecting the Keyboard settings, all my other hardware are fine.

It’s getting a bit annoying lol…

I also can’t create profiles anymore. I tried completely reinstalling the game but I just get stuck with the default control profiles. After creating one and hitting save it just doens’t seem to do anything.

Same happens to me on Xbox since 40th Anniversary update, but with controller and joystick.

Same, a month to solve a bug which basically breaks the game for who is playing from Xbox Cloud?

I’ve created new profiles using the following method without problem, it’s just that the sim won’t let you change the default.

In Profile Manager with the Keyboard profile highlighted go to Profile Manager and create a duplicate (one of the icons). The sim will then ask you for a new name which you fill in then Save. Now using the bar at the top change your profile to the new one and you can then change and save as often as you want.

I’ve got different profiles for all the different aircraft I use.