King Air 350 taxi like it is in mud

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Not using developer mode. Have not changed it.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
All mods have been removed.

Brief description of the issue:

When I try to taxi the KingAir 350 or even the 90 the aircraft will not move unless I have 90% power. Very slow taxi and when I try to take off I can only get up to 95 knots, which means I cant get into the air unless I use full flaps. Upon landing the aircraft stops within 200 yards, brakes not applied. I have tried airports that I have not flown out of and used aircraft I have not used before but still the slow taxi speed issue. I have even disabled the mapping of the brakes but still have a slow taxi speed. Under X-plane the 350 taxi perfectly. So there is something wrong in MSFS.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Honeycomb hardware.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I received the upgrade today for the software but the issue is still here.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Just to level set - make sure the brakes - parking and wheel, aren’t activated. I know this seems obvious, but it’s worth a check.

I have released the parking brake and not even mapped any of the wheel brakes but still slow going. This is with other default aircraft as well. There is some simple fix but I don’t see it yet. Most people complain about the 350 moving too fast.

Dwight

I’m in the same situation

I did some more trouble shooting of the problem. I started my computer from cold and started up MSFS with nothing else running. I then looked at the mappings of the keyboard to the brakes. They are CTRL Num DEL and Num DEL. I tested them there and could see the mapping light up when pressing the keys for parking brake toggle and brakes. BUT in the game there was no response to the keyboard input. Strange. I was able to move the parking brake with my mouse in the sim but could not toggle it with the keyboard mapping, strange. The sim then crashed to desktop. I restarted from cold again and got back into MSFS. I checked the mapping of the keyboard again and worked like the last time. I then went into the sim and the keyboard commands worked. Don’t know what the difference is between both sessions. But still the sim acted like the parking brake is on when trying to taxi. Cant do a runway run faster than 90 knots. Stopping after landing is very quick. I will go back in and check every mapping to see if there is something I missed.
Funny but when the sim crashed to desktop earlier, on boot up the sim asked for the INSTALL DVD?!? What install DVD?!? It would not go past that point. Had to reboot my computer. That error message is from the older versions of MSFS that they forgot to remove?

Dwight

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have been using the PMDG B737-700 and encountering the same issue since SU10 and Canadian update 11. This is on Canadian airports. Also after landing and turning off runway, the aircraft will not move. The wheels just spin in place. This is on paved runways/aprons in dry weather conditions. Something amiss with friction settings after SU10?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I did some more testing and used the rudder peddle config software to adjust the programming of their response. I was able to get more movement of the aircraft after doing that and got over 115 knots when I took off. In X-plane the King Air taxied normally without these changes. Apparently MSFS is more sensitive to the settings of the peddles. At least now I can fly the aircraft…

Dwight

Well since my last posting the aircraft went back to being stuck in mud. Still cant taxi faster than 90 knots to take off unless I slightly push on the brakes. Tonight I noticed that I can taxi again if I press on the right mouse button. You cant use the rudder peddles to turn but you can taxi at a normal speed. I checked but the mouse button is not assigned to anything associated with the brakes. Don’t understand why pressing the right mouse button would allow me to taxi. Don’t know why I cant turn when pressing the right mouse button.

A few days earlier I had walked away from the running sim and when I came back and started the aircraft up it taxied perfectly. No changes had been made and I took advantage and got some air time in. It was great. Of corse the next day it was back in the mud again.

Still the rudders and brakes work perfectly in X-Plane. What is the difference?

The latest update fixed the problem and now my aircraft taxi fine.

Glad to hear it’s working for you again. I am moving this into Community Support since this seems to be okay now.