Update: JDs King Air 350i Improvement Mod Reworked

https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/277?tab=files Schau mal da. Sollte nichts mit Premium zu tun haben dürfen. LG JD

Ok, thanks a lot. Standard bank in MS FS for the King Air is 26 degrees. I will change the bank angels and activiation altitude and upload a new vesion on the weekend.

1 Like

Slightly lesser range with mod seems to be perfectly fitting into the changes I made. That means, that without mod the range would probably be fine. I will reduce overall fuel consumption slightly, so that the range should be extended by 5%.

1 Like

New patch is meant to have fixed fuel bug.

and of course, as soon as I post this, the new patch comes out and slightly changed the characteristics of the King Air, even with this mod, power/fuel rate is different. Once I have time to invest into longer flights, I’ll give another test, but also at this point, as much as they are still tweaking things, seems like I’m just going to be chasing my tail on power/range every few weeks.

But beyond the scope of this mod, I just want an actual fix that allows the screen to display wind data, a weather radar, and revamped CDI Source selection. Cause right now, VOR1 and VOR2 are more like ILS/RNAVs that you can’t program unless you select a landing approach. Arg~

1 Like

I did a iteration on my mod and uploaded v2.0. see this topic

2 Likes

I wish this was on github. So we could help out.

And why is the max weight in the beta down to 15.000? (Never mind, max takeoff weight is 15.000

I have no idea what github really is^^. I donwload stuff from there, but what are the upsides of github? Maybe i could use it for my mods to.

Man, how to even start what a git is…

Simply said. A git keeps you a version history. But also gives the opertunity for others to help out, see the source code. With so called pull requests people make from their forks you can accept contributions to help parts out and they will be merged with your work.

It’s actually the GO-TO thing to do these days imo as a programmer.

1 Like

I have had that issue before the mod, sometimes, too. It’s really weird but I actually suspected the issue being either MSFS or my Saitek Throttle Quadrant, not this mod.

Also: Another way that usually fixes it for me, other than having to go into reverse mode, is to just manually press and hold F1 on my keyboard for a moment.

1 Like

Im too old for that ****^^ (gitihub). Since it are only txt files, everybody can see the “source” code. I only made this mod as an interim solution for myself, until someday a decent KingAir350 is available for the MS FS.

3 Likes

Thank you for these updates

Hi
I’m trying your mod.
Any idea why the yoke won’t hide?
thanks.

Hi, Thank you for your good job.
I noticed

• we cannot hide the Yoke on the 350i on v.3.0-beta. Hope that could be fix, perhaps something we can tune by ourself, waiting your next release?.. or a “decent KingAir350 is available for the MS FS” as you said
  • when we are tuning the baro knob now the PFD altimeter works and the FMS follows well, but not on the small screen in the middle where it worked before :wink: This one is less important than the main, but to be perfect… :stuck_out_tongue:

I am actaully working an the King Air 350i in these days. I will relase a new mod in the next days. But on Flightsim.to. Kind Regars. Jay Dee

6 Likes

Thank you. Good news ! Will it be here: KING AIR 350i - Improvement Mod (JD) » Microsoft Flight Simulator ? Today is it not the v.1?

I’m a little beat lost, what/where is (will be) the latest version of your good work? :wink:
Kind regards

1 Like

I’d say here: KING AIR 350i - Improved Experience Mod v2.0 at Microsoft Flight Simulator Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

No, that one is outdated and will not be continued. I uploaded the new one on flightsim.to , but cause of the SU 4 somethings has to be remodded, so dont use it at the moment.

2 Likes

Very good this MOD.
Will it be updated to the new version of MSFS?

I will update this, for now dont use the performance module.

1 Like