Kodiak 100 Autopilot No GPS / NAV Function

Using the Kodiak 100, Load flightplan and take off and activate AP in heading mode. CDI it set for GPS, but despite the flightplan indicating a compass direction of 94 degrees, the GPs is stuck at 360. Can’t activate NAV mode, GPS doesn’t change even if I activate another leg, each time I do, I notice that the flightplan changes the direction to 360. Had to either handfly, or use HDG mode for an entire 200 mile flight.

Topic moved into 3rd Party > Aircraft for assistance.

Seems t be the same issue on any aircraft with the G1000 nxi. Have just tried the same on the C208 and the C172 and have the same issue on both.

How far off of the intended GPS magenta line are you when activating the Autopilot?

If you had been using the original Asobo G1000 then the AP would always just instantly turn and head towards the GPS path.

However, on the real NXI, which is what the new implementation is carefully modeled after, you need to be within a certain distance of the path or the AP will not engage the GPS mode.

The intended function is to set the HDG to intercept the path and the NXi will engage the path automatically and switch itself to GPS.

Note, you do this whilst having the system set up for GPS mode. You just adjust the HDG bug to intercept the path and the NXi will do the rest once it has gotten close enough.

Is this what might be going on for you?

Yes, this seems more realistic. If you’re off the magenta line, you can hit NAV and arm it (GPS will appear in small white letters in the top bar), but you have to steer back towards the magenta line (HDG is easiest) and when you’re close it will activate and move to large green letters. I prefer this to the default AP behavior of most other systems, where it will make the most acute turn to get you back to the magenta line at its closest point.

For the record, too, I am flying the Kodiak at this very moment and the AP on GPS is doing precisely what it should being doing.

In other words, it is definitely working.

Resolved. It was the way Navigraph Charts 8 exported the flightplan. For anyone else using it, mine exported the flightplan as “BIKFBIIS.pln…pln”. Threw flightsim into a frenzy.

2 Likes

I just got the Kodiak 100 , fun but on the G1000 where are the function buttons I’m used to seeing below the NAV and HDG knobs???

Also , is the Kodiak code dependant on a G1000 application in MarketPlace?

thanks

You’re thinking of the G3000 that appears on some Asobo default planes with the integrated AP. The Kodiak uses a separate control, the GFC700, that’s right under the MFD. It works very well.

1 Like

GPS not working for me. “NAV” does nothing. CDI set to GPS. Nothing happens, but the plane follows HDG. Im on the line for the leg, so the GPS should not be bothered about me being off the line. Help! =(

Make sure the G1000 is not in ‘SUSP’ mode (‘suspend’ - inhibits the sequencing of waypoints and LNAV guidance.). If on it is indicated on the PFD right of the HSI and also with one of the PFD softkeys - ‘SUSP’.

2 Likes

Ok. Not near my computer at the moment but will check asap. Susp…is that like pause from nav?

Yes, it suspends the GPS navigation.

1 Like

Never used. Good info. :+1:t3: