Kodiak Island Bush Flying (with .PLN file)

Another day locked down with pandemic restrictions down here at the bottom of the worlds means another day that I can go exploring a far flung destination at the top of the world!

This time I took the C172 amphibian from Akhiok (PAKH), at the southern end of Kodiak Island, Alaska to Kodiak Mun (PAKD) at the northern end of the island. Along the way, I dropped into Amook Bay Seaplane Base (AK81) to drop off some supplies and pick up a group of hunters.

Sim time was set to 10.30am, mid September using the ‘Coastal Winds’ theme from SoFly Weather Preset Pro. The higher definition Orbx NA Alaska Mesh really makes all the difference here, with a snow depth of 2cm set to add to the atmospherics.

Flightplan downloadable below for anyone else who wishes to recreate this adventure:
Akhiok (PAKH) to Kodiak Mun (PAKD).pln (1.8 KB)

9 Likes

Nice. Love Kodiak. More Kodiak below. Cheers.

1 Like

Great video Frank, enjoyed all the background info you presented before the flying too. You’ve just earned yourself a new subscriber!

1 Like

Thanks so much @zkdos. Comments like that keep me going, in more ways than one. Cheers.

1 Like