Kodiak Questions

Trim before take off (right rudder, left aileron to counter the rudder roll and nose down elevator - plenty if aft CG)

Smooth application of power. Do not exceed max indicated torque.

And as was already said, gentle rotation and be ready to counter any left yaw. Build speed in ground effect if very heavy.

1 Like

I am noticing I cannot switch from com 1 to 2 and same with Nav 1 to 2. I am pressing the com and the nav knob for that. I have installed the garmin 1000 NX from market place.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that an issue of the garmin nx, or even in the sws kodiak?

Thx

I have the NXi mod and have no issues switching navs or coms.

Which button or knob do you press?

The outer knob for changing frequency.

You mean that one highlighted in yellow on the screenshot? If I press it, it stays on Com1.

Yeah, I figured you were doing it right so it must be a bug. Maybe there’s a conflict with one of your other mods?

Maybe. Probably I should try re-installing the NXi - will do that later on. Thx!

1 Like

Funny - I deinstalled the NXi, but having the same issue on the original Garmin. Re-installed the NXi and of course still same problem, I cannot switch between Com or Nav 1/2.

Maybe there is a setting in the Garmin, which I accidentally changed before?

Anyone, who knows the Garmin better?

hey there, does anyone know if the cabin bug has been addressed yet? i see there’s been a couple updates

What bug was that?

the one addressed in this very thread. the cabin always is 25c no matter what the outside temp is or if the doors or windows are open when sitting on the ramp.

for example it’s a very hot 33c outside today but the cabin is 25c while sitting out in the sun with the doors open

Ah that one! Yes, that’s been fixed. Cabin temps will now align with ambient until AC is turned on

1 Like

awesome. ill try it out

For some reason the climate control panel is missing from my Kodiak 100. Would anyone know how to fix this?

another Kodiak question: does anyone know if there’s any planned update to fix the missing G1000 engine labels? at the moment it’s just a guess to know what they are. it can’t be right, right?

SWS may be able to code in the labels - they do have future update plans for the Kodiak and WT have made changes to the G1000 code that may make it achievable to fit the labels in now. Also the MFD should also have an elevator trim gauge, which would be handy.

But until then its memorise (from top to bottom):

Oil Pressure
Oil Temperature
Generator & Alternator amps
Battery 1 & 2 volts

1 Like

Since several bugs have been mentioned in the cabin, it would have been better if you said the “Cabin Temperature Bug”…

Regarding the labels, SWS said above in answer to your questions they are not able to fix that. They are waiting for an update from WT adding the code required to allow them to do that.