Kodiak Quickviews?

Does anyone know if the Quickviews work properly on the Kodiak. (Need to know before Purchasing)
For anyone who doesn’t know what that is, it’s simply the pilots head facing/looking in the direction that you move the hat-switch to, then returning to the home position when released.
I ask this question, because I purchased the Carenado PA34T Seneca V and the Quickviews are completely broken on that plane.
Thanks.

Can’t answer that as I usually use the freelook but 99% sure it also works as normal with the 90 degree left/right on button press and returns to centre on release.

However, maybe this would be useful?

https://flightsim.to/file/24913/sws-daher-kodiak-better-cameras

1 Like

The hat-switch has more than left/right views, I wouldn’t go by that.
I have downloaded Archer374’s Quickviews for some other planes and they work pretty good.
I’m just not going to purchase any aircraft that the Dev’s can’t be bothered to program the Quickviews as they are clearly intended to be used in the Settings Menu. (See my image above) It says to look in the direction of the hat-switch position. Not look down at the instruments. We have other keybinds for viewing instruments.
I’m rather disappointed in Asobo for not getting it right in almost half of their aircraft.
If you want to know exactly what I’m talking about, take a minute and program your Quickviews. Then go check out the default aircraft. It will all be made clear to you.

I only use quick left/right on a hat and use up/down for other things, and free-look on the other hat, and one snap-back to main button.

Then have the ALT# views. I’ve reset every aircraft’s standard ‘flying’ view to ALT1 where my head actually SHOULD be and what angle/height it would be to view the horizon proper, especially Caranado as their default views are absolutely bizarre. I think I have only 2 aircraft where the default value actually represents where your eyes actually are, 172 maybe?.

Typically a true look forward, maybe one that’s more flying panel/AP centric, then a few other favorite panel views and passenger seats for the other ALT#'s and free-look/zoom from there. So hit ALT6 and enjoy sitting in the back left seat an look around for a bit… In the Kodiak, it’s fun with passengers and the animated co-pilot…

I find in caranado aircraft the default view is usually of you are 7’ tall sitting 9" from the panel looking down at 35 degrees. Can’t even fly naturally from there.

1 Like