Kodiak vs Piper Arrows for GA and Sight Seeing

My 2 cents as a VR user with these planes:

I have the Kodiak and it’s a great plane with passengers, cargo and believable handling. That said, I always found the C208B to have a better view for looking at the ground and the Steam Gauge Overhaul is available today on Just Flight’s site. So, if you’re itching to spend :slight_smile:

I don’t have the Arrows, waiting for the A2A Comanche for this class of plane.

I use the Cessna 414 and 310R for traveling hi and low, respectively. Really great planes but usually swap inside and outside views often to not miss a thing.

For City sightseeing, I actually use Warbirds (Asobo Reno warbirds, Flying Iron planes or MilViz Corsair). They may be fast, but I can bank and circle buildings, using climb to slow the plane and look down closely on buildings and sites. It’s a lot of fun. I also use the Carenado Waco for this.

Sometimes, the slow planes pay off too. The Cessna 152 with improvement mod and the Cubs are great for a relaxing sightseeing flight.

1 Like

Other payware options with great visibility include:
. LongEZ
. VelocityXL
. Fox2
. Socata TB-30

Thanks for the extra suggestions - I’ll check them out as well before making a decision.

After continued research, I ended up getting neither and instead picked up the Milviz 310r.

While I liked the idea of getting three planes together for the Piper Pack, I probably wouldn’t use them all exhaustively after I found the my preference.

So I started looking closer at the Kodiak and some comparisons, and became very interested in the other systems that the 310r had by comparison.

I took it for a few flights last night after purchasing, and so far am happy with my decision.

I read that the Kodiak may get a pontoon version in the future as a separate purchase, and I would definitely pick that up when it’s available.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

4 Likes

The Floatiak as they call it, even though it’s really an Amphibiak, should be out soon after SU10, so late August. It is going to be cheaper than the Kodiak because it’s likely to be less popular. But it looks great! And the Kodiak itself is my top favorite plane. That is also getting an update late August, from what I understand.

I’d also recommend the Milviz PC-6 Porter for low and slow. With the doors off, you get a great engine and wind sound and wonderful visibility, and it’s extremely versatile.

Flotiak will be a free update as far i know.

No it won’t.

Probably a great choice too. A reason it is so well recieved.

Enjoy and blue skies

1 Like

Yeah, excellent choice. The highest fidelity GA plane in MSFS right now, and many instrument stacks to play with. I like the trusty PMS50.

Floatiak has a 30% discount if you own the original. I think with discount it ends up around $US10 .

The devs said it is cheaper as it is just the one airframe, no pod variants and tundra tyre variants like you get with the Wheeliak,

1 Like