KPHX still has extreme taxiways

Who’s managing those priorities? The community. Popular vote. Welcome to the tyranny of the majority

Well, I suppose that if I was landing on 26R KLAS and and linked with VatSim, where the game part is subdued and the Sim is more professional, I would have to worry about flipping my airliner due to those , still existing, bumps and cracks on the runway ? YIKES !!! Definitely should have been addressed long ago but now it seems that the Market Place, Addons and Mods are more important. Wonder, is corporate $$$$ greed involved here ?

More like community priorities do not currently rank taxiway cracks as very important. You could always try a concerted effort to get the Community to increase the votes for these issues. Asobo follows what the community decides is important.

mdapol,
I agree with you and I do not rank a taxiway bump to be that important, however, based on what one simmer posted (above) for runway 26R at KLAS I took the words to be an accurate representation of the runway and posted my remarks. If a “runway” has severe bumps or cracks, I would think the powers to be would address it promptly.

Now, here is the kicker: I just now went to KLAS and fast taxied the full length of runway 26R at KLAS and I found NO CRACK or BUMP . So, I suppose the simmer has an incorrect download for that airport or “they” fixed it. In any case, I do agree with you about priorities.

No the powers won’t address it promptly. They will eventually address it though.

it’s not showing when you taxi because at KLAS it’s a terrain LOD issue. You know how the terrain “jumps” as it loads in? Some of those cracks are that. The flat terrain hasn’t loaded in before you touch down.

I was never in the air, however, I am there now and doing a landing test on 26R…
and I cannot find a flaw or bump there.
Edit: Well, I found no crack or bump, fast taxi in a 172 or landing with a 737…
So, I just do not know what happened to the bump

I have encountered a bump at KPHX while taxiing S to N on one of the taxiways on the east side of the airport. Not sure which one.

The picture I uploaded is KPHX Romeo taxiway. that is supposed to be the American Hangar in the back. None of those trees are present.

This kind of issue is exactly what the Scenery Gateway Platform (or whatever they call it) is going to fix. The reality is that they don’t have the resources to fix all of these issues (and community priorities are elsewhere). I am a bit surprised that Gaya hasn’t fixed any of the glaring issues with the custom modelled airports that they built for the sim, but I’m guessing their contract didn’t include follow-up bug-fixing.

Anyway, just like in XP-11 (and presumably earlier — I only ever used 11) the Scenery Gateway is a place for the community to fix issues in airports (mesh problems, taxiways) or to generally improve them. These updates then get approved by community moderators (who work more closely with the sim developer) and if they meet a certain quality, they are included in the game in future updates. This model works really well in X-Plane and the MSFS community is many times larger.

The world is a big place. There are a lot of airports and we can’t expect the developers to fix everything. X-Plane users have relied on the Scenery Gateway for a long time. I think there are enough interested people (me included) would would be willing to improve these things for the good of the game and the community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Airport issues KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport