KSWF sinkholes everywhere

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

buildings are sinking into the mesh at KSWF

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

KSWF

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to KSWF and have a look for yourselves

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

n/a

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU10 WU11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I just checked around and it looks fine on my end.

SU10 WU11

Do you have a mesh patch or an airport mod for this area by any chance? This is all stock on my end.

Nothing for that airport specifically. KSWF is a handcrafted airport already, so I don’t have any need to modify it. I fly to or from that airport pretty regularly from Long Island, so I was surprised to see your report and then went to check. I checked all over with the drone.

Trying to go into the World Update for US and remove that hand crafted airport and see if the sink holes are still there. You should be able to expand the World update and select it from the list.

I just checked it out and didn’t see any issues.
When you say you didn’t have anything specific to KSWF, keep in mind that any scenery/other mods may cause undesirable effects regardless of whether they are directly related to the airport you’re having issues with. We’ve found quite a few scenery add-on’s that cause bad effects at airports other than the one they were designed for, so you might want to remove all add-on’s and see if you still have the issue.
Regards

1 Like

I don’t have any issues. TA is stock.

Thanks for this tip. I removed the airport from the World Update and everything displays normally.

After redownloading the airport from the Content Manager, it now displays correctly… thanks for your help :slight_smile: SOLVED

Oh you are welcome, I am happy it worked out for you. Maybe the first time it downloaded the extra heavy files :wink: Definitely a weird issue.

1 Like

Comparing your photos to mine, something is definitely wrong as I am still seeing the buildings from the default scenery AS WELL as the hand crafted buildings. I think this is a problem from the way SU10 has changed the way it manages the scenery order. I have no idea how to fix this without access to the Content.xml. I think this is a bug.

Have you reloaded the sim? Always reload sim after downloading scenery. 2nd option is refreshing rolling cache, but it looks like you just need a sim restart.

After restarting, the building is correct but has sunk back in the ground and the one next door has gone pink! and all I did was restart the sim :open_mouth:

Reinstalling both WU2 and WU10 USA and removing all addons seems to have fixed the issue! Thank you :slight_smile:

Just noticed a model error. Looks like the pointy bit sticking out of the hangar on the left is still there, visible in the pink texture photo. Do you see this too @RATTMAN ?

I spoke too soon and figured out what was causing the error. It’s the Real Taxiways USA addon from Black Square