KVM switching still causes 45 second pause

This issue was brought up last October/November but the threads were archived without a notice of resolution. The problem is still current and none of the workarounds mentioned in the threads stop the problem.

KVM thread 1

KVM thread 2

(no developer mode)

Brief description of the issue:
When KVM switching back to the computer, the sim pauses for 45 seconds to a minute before it is responsive again.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Use the sim, switch the KVM to the second computer and then switch the KVM back.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? store version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? 109843

Confirmed. Still happening here. KVM I’m using is the ATEN CS782DP

(forgot to mention mine… Trendnet TK-214i)

Still an issue now…

Agreed.

I also had a similar problem switching over a headphone on USB switch. It’s not just a problem with switching over a keyboard and mouse.

Part of the problem is that the graceful way to plug in/out a peripheral (and by extension, this would parallel switching KVM) is that the sim should be PAUSED. Obviously if you left the sim running (i.e., long-haul flight), this isn’t going to happen when you switch back to it. But that is the graceful way, and it also avoids some really bad CTDs in extreme cases.

Thanks. I did try pausing which helped but it didn’t make the problem go away.

With the sim paused, the delay was 12 seconds as compared to a 1 minute 40 second delay while a flight was active. But even on the main welcome page, a KVM switchover delayed the sim for 52 seconds. The amount of delay isn’t too consistent and a few times the sim crashes while delayed.

During the delay the flight sim entry in Task Manager shows ‘Not Responding’ as the status. The CPU percentage and memory usage numbers move slightly and the sounds work as normal. But the GPU percentage drops to zero and then jumps back to the 70s when the delay is done.