La Somme, France - MSFS with Real Life footage

Hello,

A few months ago, I organized a Group Flight in the Somme Region in France. For those who know a bit of history, La Somme had one of the bloodiest battles back in World War 1.
We were extremely surprised that so many historical sites are visible in MSFS with the satellite imagery.

As I hold an ATPL IRL, last Monday I rented a plane and flow down to the Somme Region to take some pictures and shoot some videos from the air. The only thing, I was IFR and weather wasn’t the best. I still got some good footage however.

So I went back there in MSFS, recorded some footage, and then put the real life footage next to it.

Check it out if you are interested in some history, and let me know what you think !

https://youtu.be/V9J2Y19UpbI

Thanks

8 Likes

Very good, well done
also in memory of many fallen boys
I am Italian and 100 km far from Verona,my home there is the Asiago plateau, Mount Grappa, areas of important battles of the great war in the mountains
Asiago also has an airport
Hello

1 Like

Hello

Thanks a lot for the kind words !
oh wow, that is a really nice area.
If I ever rent a plane in Italy I’ll keep that in mind.

Nicely done!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the kind words !

Quite sobering seeing those sites in the sim I must say.

1 Like

I was really surprised during the group flight that so many sites are visible. I need to rent a plane again to check out more of them IRL. Next time I will go VFR Instead of staying IFR. This should give more flexibility.