Lack of Texas Airports

Howdy everyone, has anyone else noticed the surprising lack of quality Texas Airports for MSFS? I mean the only scenery really has been the free DFW released by Asobo.

Out of all the Texas airports, which one do you feel deserves to be MSFS the most? (My vote is KIAH)

3 Likes

FSDT said they’d be releasing KIAH after KCLT but they ended up releasing LFNC Mount Dauphin instead. Guess they’re waiting for the current construction at the airport to be completed? Not sure.

I saw that, I think I used their KIAH product for FSX so I’m excited bout that.

1 Like

Although not in Texas you have KMNE Minden from DC Scenery Design. It’s pretty close to Texas, near Shreveport. A real lack indeed of Airports in this state. Would love to see a payware Hobby, San Antonio and Austin. Would really love to see a payware KCXO, where I got my ppl years ago.

KSAT upcoming from IniScene.

IniScene KSAT

1 Like

Howdy! I am dying for FSDT’s KIAH due up next from them (no ETA), as it’s my current home airport and where my favorite airline used to be based (Continental). Also very much excited for IniScene’s KSAT - their EGLL & KBUF are great!

Was sad to see FSDT say they were pushing KDFW back to focus on airports that aren’t “handcrafted” but I also understand the strategy and Asobo’s isn’t horrible.

Would love to also see KAUS but have heard no plans from anyone worthy claiming it.

2 Likes

I agree, eagerly awaiting KIAH! I stay pretty engaged with the major developers, and a few smaller ones, I try to lobby them as much as possible lol…I’ve had some success the past year, but can’t seem to convince anyone to take on KAUS as of yet. Verticalsim offered KDAL and KELP as possible options in a recent poll…KDAL came in #1 by a large margin…so there’s hope! KELP came in 6th.

3 Likes

I have some GREAT news for you if you’re looking for KDAL. iBlueYonder (developer of FlightBeam’s KPDX) is doing KDAL and it will also include downtown Dallas!! No ETA but it his current project. He wanted to do KDAL years ago for FSX but personal life got in the way, so I’m happy he’s back on the grid now. I believe he’s in Dallas. I think it’s a labor of love for him, so I’m excited.

So, with that, I know we’ll have KIAH, KSAT, & KDAL at some point in the next few months (maybe part of that in weeks) all from top-tier developers.

3 Likes

What’s even more exciting to me is that those airspaces don’t seem to present a problem for the ATC, whereas US east coast and west coast do consistently. Really takes away from the joy when you keep getting sleepy copilot and 12 yr-old girl at the controls in the tower when Azure drops out, especially when they start their Imperial code (where a comma becomes some long sentence involving a word I don’t recognize and some hashtags and equals and a bunch of other malarkey).

1 Like

Awesome news about KDAL…and even better news about downtown Dallas! He did a good job with KPDX, very FPS friendly on my system. Thanks for the update :+1:

1 Like

See, I’m doing a KLBB scenery and its a labor of love for me too since I live in Lubbock for most of year. I’m excited for these, hopefully they come soon!

2 Likes

Geez, that thread was a year ago. If they wait for construction at IAH to be finished, we’ll never see it.

I’d gladly pay for a decent IAH.

2 Likes

I found this post after posting a complaint for lack of Texas airports as well. Pretty unbelievable that the largest state in America has no payware airports. Can’t wait for IAH. That FSDT post is a year old :pensive: inibuilds makes incredible airports complete interiors, absolutely amazingly detailed airports.

2 Likes

KAUS has been released

KAUS DominicDesignTeam

1 Like

And it is fantastic! Also loving iniScene’s KSAT. Next up is FSDT’s KIAH (most importantly to me) and iBlueYonder/iniBuilds’ KDAL! Finally a great time to fly around Texas!

Also, it is worth looking at the new KMAF released. It looks pretty good but sadly it’s Marketplace only, so on the fence until I know it doesn’t need any early patches.

1 Like

KELP is now available: