Large buildings appearing before houses

Is anyone else experience a change in how buildings are generated? I am finding that large buildings are visible a long time before small buildings are generated. Has it always been this way?

I don’t have a link handy, but there were some mentions in (some thread) in the last couple weeks about the changes to object visibility in SU5. They did significantly increase the threshold minimum screen area at which objects get displayed, though they said they planned to revert most of those changes on PC while keeping them for Xbox (and also add a setting switch so you can use the Xbox threshold on PC, mostly as an aid for people doing add-on development).

I’m not sure if they’ve changed it back yet in the hotfixes though, I think that might not hit until next month’s larger update, so I think it’s still using the more aggressive SU5/Xbox limits.

Because the threshold is based on the 2d rendered area, large buildings will indeed show up before small buildings at the same distance.

1 Like

thanks for the detailed response! Good to know it’s not just me :slight_smile: I’ll be patient and wait for these settings to be reversed then. I thought adjusting the LOD in config files would help, but it doesn’t appear to change anything

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.