Las Vegas - terrible scenery?

Very disappointed with my Las Vegas fun trips today, the main airport is a dire mess, traffic was attempting to drive up the walls :slight_smile:

Very jittery too while i was barnstorming the strip.

The Grand Canyon is pretty poor too, maybe normal, I was expecting better though.

do you have the USA world update installed? (it doesn’t come automatically).

If its free then yes its installed

doublecheck in the marketplace/content manager. it had considerable improvements to some areas.

I take it that is KLAS? I will see what I get on my side. I am on PC though.

1 Like

Looks like it’s something with the PG streaming servers on the Microsoft side. I’ve had issues with PG looking horrible the past week or so in areas where it normally looks great. I surmise it’s related to the server issues people have been repeatedly reporting since last week. Microsoft have said they’re investigating, but nothing seems to actually have been done about it so far.

Las Vegas, when the PG is loaded correctly, actually looks ■■■■ good normally.

1 Like

Getting the same on my side, in that particular spot at KLAS.

Try manually caching the airport in high quality. If that doesn’t fix it then it’s just poor photogrammetry quality in that spot.

Edit - oh I forgot, Xbox, which might not support manual cache?

Yes KLAS :wink:

1 Like

Vegas PG normally looks great for me. If you want to fly there you have to get the Fly Tampa KLAS, possibly the best airport in the game as it comes with lots of scenery in the city. Looks great in daytime and at night is one of the very best MSFS experiences IMO.

There may be something going on there. I would suggest deleting your rolling cache if you use it, in addition to the steps given above.

Also, there is a Wishlist topic that addresses the general idea of having photogrammetry right next to airports:

3 Likes

Get the Fly Tampa Las Vegas Scenery, its super nice, along with the airport upgrades…

2 Likes

Second this. However the FPS would take a hit with FlyTempa.

The Logan Airport from the same developer also has the FPS hit.

If you have a fast computer, its awesome.

Although not as severe, I taxied through a swale at OHare (KORD) a couple days ago. I couldn’t say where it is on the ORD grounds because it was dark and I was directed along a long circuitous route to parking.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.