Last Nvidia Update New Issues?

I updated the latest Nvidia driver yesterday and now noticing I can only get a resolution of 4K 3840x2160. It was previously set at 4096x2160. When I try and change and test in Nvidia control panel custom settings, both monitors go black with no signal and I’ve got to shut off computer to reboot.
Some of the images on screen now appear to be blotchy or like a “paint pallet” looking filter effect. So bizarre!

Old wise proverb…If it isn’t broke - don’t fix it :grinning:

7 Likes

Oh, but it was very “broke” right from the start!

“Too many cooks spoil the broth” :frowning:

1 Like

Actually, that’s unwise advice when it comes software.
A more fitting proverb would be “Better safe than sorry”.

Proverb update: If it ain’t broke, fix it 'till it is.

2 Likes

“No pain, no gain.”

Well, I’ll agree with you anyway :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’ve lost count of the number of times i’ve updated to the latest Nvidia driver only to find performance or other issues which have gone away when I have reverted to my original driver.

I still occasionally update but I don’t blindly accept each new version without first seeing if there are any issues. I’ve better things to do than reinstalling existing drivers when new ones cause issues or ‘slow downs’ with my previous gen 2070 S GPU.

2 Likes

Great pictures anyway.

You could get a fortune for these if you sold them off to an art gallery.

3 Likes

I’ve had no issues with recent, or older, nvidia updates. I just run the current game-ready driver, update when it comes up, and have no problems.

2 Likes

I am a professional artist, so I see the beauty in such terrible resolution that it makes my screen an abstract masterpiece :art:
But I paint realism (see my painting attached), so this bugs me lol!

7 Likes

Wow, you have a skill. Very nice.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I may have solved the bad blotchy cartoon effects by playing with the tv monitors settings, and allowing Nvidia control panel to take control over Windows.
Videos now look great! I’ll test in sim this afternoon.

…”but if you try sometimes,
You just might find,
You get what you need”
:+1:

1 Like

Ah yes, I recall being shy to new drivers in FSX.
Thx! :+1:

2 Likes

I also have a tip for you to try since this game is one of those optimized games click on the optimize button and it will set the best recommended resolution and settings based on your computers specs

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve done that awhile back :ok_hand:

Make sure you do it for every game update click on scan games and it will update to the latest game version especially the one coming out tomorrow

The Nvidia GeForce Experience when optimized for MSFS actually changes all my settings to low and even turns off many. That looks like terrible ■■■■! What’s wrong with them?
Does it not detect my system is very high-end?
Had to Custom set most everything back up.

1 Like

Newest Proverb update: If it ain’t broke…break it!"

If we didn’t we’d still be in a horse and buggy. Breaking things and improving them are the only ways to progress in this world. Break…improve…break…improve…break…improve and ON AND ON!

1 Like

Mine’s a dad joke.

If its like that it may be based on your pc’s configuration if it was a higher end pc it would definitely be better