Latest update my MSFS VR now automatically starts up SteamVR? Is that correct? HP Reverb

Latest update my MSFS VR now automatically starts up SteamVR? Is that correct? HP Reverb G2

I can remember MSFS started straight from Mixed Reality Portal, because I have a HP Reverb G2 and a MSFS Store installation.

How?
What can I do?

My FPS is horrible

sounds like somehow steam’s OpenXR has become set as your system default.

IF so, when you open the WMR portal should have a banner at the top that says “Windows Mixed Reality is not set up to run OpenXR apps. Some apps may not run correctly. Learn more. Fix it.”

Click on fix it, and you’ll just get a message “good to go” which means it has now set the windows OpenXR runtime as the system default.

Alternatively if you download and open the “OpenXR Developer Tools for Windows Mixed Reality” from the windows store, on the first page which is the home tab, you’ll see under installation status “the windows mixed reality OpenXR runtime is installed, but it is not the active OpenXR runtime”. Click the button that says Set as active runtime.

You’re right, thx.
I think the OpenXR behavior must have changed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.