LDDU commentary

I don’t think I have seen anyone review MXI Design’s interpretation of LDDU available in the marketplace. I wanted it as a destination so I picked it up and thought I would mention a few things, perhaps for the benefit of others.

I don’t have any real world experience myself of this airport, but rather my comments are based on my understanding from my navigraph subscription and from imagery found via search-engines.

The first thing that stood out to me was the flat textures with colouring that looked nothing like in photos. The airport ingame is somehow flat and dull whereas the real one gives me a really bright impression. Lots of textures are duplicated and they appear to have been careless with the flattening as grass is showing through the tarmac in several places - in particular around the GA area.

The main terminal building can also be seen floating above the ground if you take the drone-camera and get around to the other side, but when viewed from the apron I could not spot such issues.

A couple of cars were sunken into the ground.

Taxiway markings… they look strangly placed to me, like some of them are missing. But without real world experience I do not know what the situation really is. It might be that it is like this.

Based on the navigraph charts the windsock near the appron is completely missing, and the windsock near the threshhold of rw 11 is incorrectly placed - far to close to the runway entry.

And then parking… a missing marker for 4A, which I assume ought to be there. There are also missing markings for 19A for example, but since that us shared with 20A I am not sure what it looks like in real life.

A big annoyance to me personally though is the inclusion of 6 static aircraft. They take up valuable space when flying multiplayer and I really hate the habit of including statics. Those six are out of the 19 available gates on the appron, so only 13 remain then. The GA area is completely empty btw.

All in all… the aiport is good enough that you can use it for multiplayer/vatsim, because it is a small airport where most things are in the correct place and the others can be inferred. But overall, when looking at textures etc I think that the developer hasn’t done enough. Unless you really want to fly into Dubrovnik I would give this one a pass and wait for a higher quality version to come along.

1 Like

Think the biggest issue is the wrong runway designators? 12/30 instead of 11/29… Quite a big error if you ask me.