Let me design my own custom panel

I’d like to see a feature that would allow us to swap out instruments for others in any aircraft. For me personally, I am currently upgrading from VFR to IFR irl and I’d like to have the switches / instrument panel as close as possible to the aircraft I’ll be operating, as almost no 2 cockpits are identical.

I know because of the way 3d works, it’ll probably be a hard thing for models to incorporate.
So I’d suggest allowing designers to release 2 models of their aircraft in one, one as the version they have handcrafted their instrument panel to the way they want their aircraft to be, to make it shine, the same way as it currently is, and the other is essentially a blank slate that they have defined areas that would be considered as instrument panels.

That would allow instrument developers to hand craft instruments that can be placed and resized within these instrument areas within some drag and drop / point and click interface.

Switches and buttons would need some sort of easy way to select their action(s)…

Perhaps, when / if implementing this idea, you consider mine as an addon feature to it, a ‘Custom’ or ‘User Defined’ variant;