Let's Open a Category Called the Complaint Department...Seriously

How about starting a category in here where people can go to complain about everything they don’t like about the sim. It can be a place where people can complain about the complainers too.

Maybe instead of spending all day long complaining on posts throughout the forums, it would be more-productive, and possibly satisfying, to have a special section dedicated to blowing off steam. It may also be a good place for the developers to get the pulse of the community without having to spend a lot of time scouring the bits scattered throughout the forums too…

10 Likes

Technically we already have that. Several, in fact…

3 Likes

Doubt it, since that section would only have the complaining people, which is not an accurate representation of the ‘pulse of the community’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, but those are more troubleshooting sections, and I think they’re fine the way they are. I’m looking at something that will be a little broader, you know, where we can moan and groan without derailing threads or clogging them with unhappy comments.

2 Likes

Isn’t that pretty-much the entire community? J/K. I’d just rather see the drama shoved into one corner of the forums instead of everywhere. It may actually be helpful, of course it would need to be heavily-moderated, but who knows, it may be a popular corner of the forums to visit too:-)

1 Like

The entire forum is the Complaint Department… Seriously

3 Likes

An interesting idea, but some people take what looks like any opportunity to moan and groan about the sim as you put it in whatever thread they can. If past history since launch tells us anything, it’s that that’s not likely to change, even with a dedicated rant thread. :man_shrugging:

Call it the watercooler. Or, Coffee Nook. Or, local bar…

Posts complaining about complainers are the most annoying thing in my opinion because they literally contribute nothing. We get a thread like this a couple of times a week. I bet OP gets off being self-righteous.

Complaints, suggestions, recommendations, tips, etc… are all part of the forum.

If you’re happy with your sim and have nothing to comment on then get off the forums and go enjoy the sim. Otherwise we could do without worthless threads like this. The most worthless of them all.

5 Likes

I think the sims are for more than complaining, so why leave if you are happy? There is plenty to discuss.

1 Like

Where is the fun in complaining in a complains forum? :smiling_imp:

There are a few people who like to complain. In all walks of life and in all communities. However, those people are a very, very small minority.

Most of the things often labelled as ‘complaining’ are people hoping to find out if they’re the only ones suffering from a major issue or disappointment relating to the sim, or who are looking for help to find a solution to something. Sometimes a newcomer will repeat a question asked before and we can kindly direct them to a previous thread to find help.

Other people are expressing themselves after feeling disappointed or frustrated because they are passionate about the thing they dedicate their time to.

So, I wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree with the idea that people expressing non-positive opinions and feelings on public forums should either be shut down or compartmentalized. Part of being in a community is that we embrace the good and the bad, strive to help those who need it and celebrate those who do not, and share our experiences, in all their diverse forms.

4 Likes

I find it ironic the OP is also a complaint …

2 Likes

So are you now a complainer on Posts complaining about complainers :grimacing:

1 Like

We obviously need a category where we can complain about people complaining about the other people complaining!

2 Likes

I want to complain about the people who are complaining that there isn’t a complaints category so that people who have a complaint can complain properly without other people complaining about their complaint or the way they complain.

6 Likes

Haha I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone pointed this out. I saw it coming from a mile away.

I would vote this lol

We want to make these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Microsoft Flight Simulator related topics, and to give us your feedback on the sim.

Recently the team has received a number of complaints about the negative atmosphere on the forums. These complaints stem from excessive negative non-constructive posts.

These posts do not provide meaningful information that helps in the development of the simulator. Instead, these topics are often duplicate an existing topic and create conflict that usual require moderator intervention. These posts hurt the atmosphere of the forums, which drives some of our community away and may prevent others from joining.

We value constructive criticism about MSFS as it helps the developers further understand, triage and resolve problems within MSFS.

Take the following example posts:

Non-Constructive
The ATC in this simulator is ■■■■

Constructive
ATC’s altitude instructions are awful. I was on a flight from KSFO to KDEN in an A320N, when ATC cleared me for descent below the minimum safe altitude. If I stayed at a safe altitude it would cancel my IFR clearance and my approach, so I followed their instructions leading to a crash on the side of a mountain.

ATC needs to take the terrain into account when issuing clearances!

The non-constructive example (top) provides no meaningful information, no one will be able to understand, reproduce or document the issue, and therefore the issue cannot be resolved.

We ask that you consider this going forward. We continue to welcome criticism and complaints so long as they are constructive in nature. You can read more about our policy change here.

3 Likes