LFMN airport ILS on runway 04R does not line up

Can you elaborate what you mean by “doesn’t work”? Did you check the ILS frequency? Is the ILS Frequency correct? Are you able to see the localiser and glideslope indicator? Or does it not capture on approach?

The pfd doesn’t show the glider and localizer’s diamonds nor the distance and frequency in pink at bottom left.
At any other airports the frequency is automatically set when i select a runway and approach in the fmc. At nice, i can’t even check the ils frequency in the radio… the nav button of the radio doesn’t toggle/react nor the ils one

Thanks

Use the MCDU NAV RAD page instead. It’s more reliable. Not all airports can automatically populate the ILS frequency. Sometimes you have to fill it yourself.

1 Like

In fact in LFMN localizer of runway 04 R is off (04L is fine) and there is that step on both runways 04 since updt 4; so be careful when landing :wink: too bad because Nice looks very “nice” (sorry for the repetition) since upgrade

1 Like

04R was / is used mainly for take offs I think? Well at least it was yesterday when I landed there. (ILS for 04L worked perfectly in the A320 FBW)

For me none of the ILS of LFMN are working for both airliners and GA Aircraft!:weary::weary:

ILS to rwy 04R is totally misalligned . Oddly enough this was a problem with FS9 also!
The GS and Locator show nice that there is a problem

The offset localizer antenna position is correct, it’s the localizer course which is wrong.

1 Like

So many airports have this problem… If you’re not such a good pilot, like me, and you really want the ILS to reliably help you, you have to get rid of the MSFS data. Switch to Navigraph.

You can test this in advance, by looking at the data of the airport you’re gonna land at in Little Nav Map. If you zoom in you can see if the ILS is gonna give you trouble.

2 Likes

Yes, Navigraph is the way to insure that offset localizers will be flown correctly.

In SU4, Asobo finally fixed the issue where MSFS aircraft would always “see” the localizer as having the exact heading as the runway, even if the correct localizer source was embedded in the Navigraph beta nav data for MSFS.

But, they have not (yet) changed the default NavBlue nav data to show the correct localizer course (for those which are actually offset).

Using post-SU4 MSFS combined with Navigraph replacement nav data is the only way (at present) to insure that all offset localizers will be flown correctly.

1 Like

I use Navigraph data and quite a few ILS approaches are sending me into taxiways, fields etc. These are not offset but ‘normal’ straight in ILS approaches.

Which approaches at which airports?

They’re quite active with this stuff. If you let them know I’m pretty sure they’ll repair it. Someone of Navigraph is active on this forum.

I think that’s the big difference with Asobo and who-ever they’re using. All this stuff seems to disappear in a big black hole. Added as bug 61343 on ZenDesk, to be fixed in 2026.

The problem is with LEMD but I have to add that I have installed the LVFR version.

Well I don’t know how that scenery stuff works exactly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a problem with the scenery.

However, from the bits and pieces I read, I also think the order of loading might play into it. So if the scenery comes áfter the Navigraph data, it might overwrite?

I’m just not fully sure if that’s true, and if so, how to fix it. Maybe through ‘content.xml’.

I just read on their forum that this is an issue with their scenery and that it will be updated. This was a MONTH ago! lol. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

You still might be able to temporarily fix it by somehow making sure the navigraph stuff is the last one to load. It should theoretically overwrite whatever the scenery developers have put in as navigational data.

I have heard others say that even with the Navigraph data (which I have) that third party sceneries are not working properly concerning the ILS.

I don’t know if that affects all third-party airports. At the moment, I only have two payware airport add-ons in MSFS - Louisville (KSDF) by FSDT, and Palwaukee (KPWK) by FlightFX. The ILS approaches at both work fine as far as actually being able to fly the procedures. One issue I have read about is that the approaches or related SID/STARS do not appear in the default flight planner for many third party airports - I don’t know if either KSDF or KPWK is affected, as I do not use the MSFS flight planner for anything other than to set my departure airport ramp starting position.

Same issue for me. This is a general bug and should be fixed by microsoft