LFMN Nice 04L/R bump

Hello

I just installed the world update 4. The problem i am having is that when i was taking off from 04R. There is a big bump in the runway.

Same problem here

1 Like

Yep, can confirm. Quite the challenge :slight_smile:

The airport building itself could do with some optimisation too tbh. Its a frame rate killer my end (VR)

Yeah, I was on 4L and had the same bump

Likewise big bump on runway and the airport disproportionately impacts frame rate which is mostly stable everywhere else.

yep its killing the fps. For my system it’s using 21gb of ram compared to let’s say a major intl airport like lax using only 17gb of ram.

Had the same

Also, when landing on 4R (ILS) the airplane is centered between 4L & 4R and not on the runway centerline

1 Like

Yes same bump on 4L and 4R, i add the letter R on 4R doesn’t display correcttly because there is like a texture patch on the R! Sometimes i really wonder if Asobo test there updates before releasing it! I add the new buildings for Nice Marina baie des anges are not realistic at all…

2 Likes

Because the ILS is not centered in reality.
It is really shifted to the left. :wink:

2 Likes

Just wondering if any of the 300 beta testers for WU4 completed a takeoff at LFMN on either RWY04L or RWY04R? There is a massive bump in both runways right where they meet Taxiway B1. It launches me into the air prematurely when taking off and makes landing pretty jarring if one touches down before the bump. I’ve had others confirm they are also seeing these large bumps.

3 Likes

Just wondering why some people think that it would be of relevance since the scope of the beta was clearly stated:

This test will primarily focus on performance and stability.

1 Like

Is the bump there in the recent Justsim version?

Fps is absolutely dreadful at this airport

1 Like

catastrophic fps on Lfmn airport
in addition to bumps on the take-off runway

Can confirm the bump at the western end of the runways.

Also a huge amount of stutters at and around the airport. From a quick look in the dev mode it looks like the airport uses a huge amount of VRAM. The 10Gb of my RTX3080 were completly full with the WT CJ4 plane used.

Probably think its relevant because the performance here is terrible. Next excuse?

This thread is about the bump on the runway.
And the post I was referring to is also talking about the bump.

Don’t know why people start adding other issues into this thread instead opening a dedicated one.

Why should I excuse myself? I know enough to say it’s irrelevant what beta testers did or did not.

1 Like

You asked why it would be relevant given the focus of the beta test. One would think this Airport would be an obvious part of the domain of change so they would test performance of it given that performance was the focus of the beta test. In testing performance, one would expect them to notice the bump yes?

You shouldn’t make assumptions that you can’t prove.
If blind guesses are your base, then it’s a slippery path.

1 Like