LFMN Nice in challenge never use in reality!

Who prepares the challenges at Asobo? The last one on LFMN, the french Nice airport is wrong! runway 22 is rarely used. Only in case of strong mistral, a strong west wind.

1 Like

I landed plenty of times on 22R. Not as many as 04L. Yet, for the challenge purpose, i dont think that matters. Enjoy it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know what you consider ‘strong’.
If the wind is from the west at 13kts you are already at the tailwind limit for most aircraft.

It’s a much more scenic approach than to 04, which is most likely the reason why they have chosen it.

3 Likes

I have landing 30 times In LFMN in real life, and never on 22, only on 4L. you can land on 22 only with mistral.

1 Like

While it’s true that runway 04’s are preferred at LFMN, they use runway 22 ops too when the wind demands it. The circle to land approach is challenging and the area is beautiful, so I think it’s only right they included this approach as a challenge.

Just because an approach is only rarely used doesn’t mean that it’s never used. After all, that particular westerly wind is frequent and strong enough to have its own name, the Mistral.

2 Likes