LFVA Planception - airport terrain spike

There’s always been a spike here, and 2 separate airfields - have some fun whilst you can everyone! :rofl:

Plaception is real, and a great landing challenge! Set LFVA for landing and see if you can get it in!

Trying to put a fun spin on which is obviously a scenery bug.

PLANECEPTION

This is the wrong machine for the job! :sweat_smile:

Time to land this sucker

Even overflying it it didn’t disappear

Thinking this was a now rare spike in the terrain, I assumed it would disappear when the closer LODs loaded…

Please report this through zendesk

Oh boy it’s landable on the top! The other runway…

Tricky to turn around though…

Steepest runway in the world! Runway 35 vertical to the ground

Runway 17 I think you may need a rocket!

1 Like

Of course. Just enjoying it presently… :sunglasses:

Lmao, I’ll try this tonight

2 Likes

Ha, fun!

Didn’t you hear? This is the new ESA Space Port. They are gonna install a maglev system to help propel rockets into space. True story! :wink:

1 Like

The G’s would kill you! BUT they did propose one using a very long ramp. But I think it was more efficient due to the air resistance to just launch them.

1 Like

No problem. ESA doesn’t launch manned spacecraft :smiley:

ATC: “F-JODL, runway 18, cleared for take-off”
F-JODL: “Bwaaaaaahhhhhhh”

Hi,
Are you still seeing a terrain spike there? I went over to it and just saw the side of a mountain. I don’t see an airport there, which is odd.

Haven’t been there in a while without the airport improvement mod, that removes it. I’ll go check it out when I can.

1 Like

So the sim incorrectly has LFVA and LFVO.

LFVA used to be at the LFVO location, probably causing the spike.

LFVA has now been moved up into the mountain. That strip (whatever it is, it doesn’t look so well in the sim at all) has its own issues now.

LFVO Altisurface de Valloire Bonnenuit is where the spike was. I’m not seeing it now, with any Europe mods added other than the world updates.

This mod fixed it back then, and made the whole airport much better. It still works well.

Spike before, and you can see the location of LFVA in the same place as LFVO

LFVA now, and well, it’s not really anything other than bad texturing and a horribly misshapen strip.

I assume it’s meant to be Glacier Lombard.

This mod also attempted to fix them

And put the glacier landing as LFVH as LFVA was in the wrong spot.

You can see where LFVA (or LFVH in that mod) is now, at Glacier Lombard on OpenStreetMaps.

Unable to repro in latest build.