Light goes through walls

As the title says, the light of my buildings shines through the wall. Made my hangar in blender and everything works and looks fine. I only need some light for my tube lights and i cant figure out why the light shines through walls. It must be a SDK problem, or has anyone an idea? I do not use emisive textures on purpose because msfs should handle this.

1 Like

Is it a double sided wall with normals facing inwards and outside or is the wall just a flat plane?
Maybe it works better with double sided walls?

With the current shaders the sim uses lights pass through many objects that shouldn’t allow light to pass through.

Have you searched on blender regarding this?

There is no way to stop light passing through walls in the current rendering engine of MSFS. Maybe add exterior light so the shining through isn’t quite as obvious to the viewer. You might as well use multiple spotlights instead of light points to limit the area inside the hangar you are illuminating.

1 Like

Hi,
Not sure if this is still relevant, but, we have a similar issue from time to time. What we have found is that reducing the light intensity progressively, reaches a point where the ‘bleed through’ isn’t really visible. Then to increase the intensity, duplicating the low intensity light around the enclosed room in strategic positions brightens things up again, without it burning through the walls.
We also use and up/down light with a 180’ beam for further fine tuning.
If I remember correctly, point and area lights aren’t supported from Blender, they do create light but will also create problems, so it’s better to stick with spotlights, at least in our opinion anyway.