Lightning in mostly sunny skies

At this point I really have lost faith in Asobo, live weather has never worked, and as one of the highest advertised features of the game is really very sad. The 1 attempt to fix it, not only FAILED but has made it worse as now it’s thunder and lightning all the time! At least when it was broke before it was just clear skies.

Can they fix anything without breaking it even further??

2 Likes

lighting without cloud !!! Heathrow Airport

Lighting everywhere since the 2 latests updates, ■■■■■ ■■■■■■…

1 Like

I just can’t get the lightening to stop… live weather is so broken it’s not playable.

It’s now off till they fix it

1 Like

They will fix this for sure. I don’t mind a bit of extreme weather personally. Bugs which don’t actually affect the fly-ability of planes don’t get me mad - I just imagine I am flying in the future :slight_smile:
I’m not sure I agree that it is not playable. I haven’t tried preset weather for a while, but for those who find the lightning annoying, maybe just use preset weather and alter it in-flight if you want different conditions between departure and arrival…
PS of course I voted up though.

Okay. Let me also take out my mask and speak a little. I have not opened the forums for a while

Lightning as it shows on the new patch does happen that frequently. it truly does. BUT due to the bright sunlight and the brightness of the clouds themselves the lightning’s light so to speak itself doesnt illuminate the surroundings. its so bright outside that the lightning doesnt have much effect.

The thing i did notice is that the effect here is a bit too much and also the data it pulls to depict it is constant. it doesnt say less lightning or heavy lightning or light lightining or longggg lightning or short lightining or 10000000 lumen lightning or 50000000000 lumen lightning. so the system doesnt know what to make of it i guess. this is my opinion on this.

back to what i said - yes. whole day with thunderstorm clouds around there is lightning activity within it. its bright out. its not visible. in the sim this time it is illuminating the daylights out of …well… daylights.

this needs fixing

sigh!

Well everybody knows live weather needs a lot of improvement to be realistic.
Another thing is there are thunderstorms everywhere…they have any fetish with storms? :stuck_out_tongue: im kidding of course, but is true, there are thunderstorms everywhere…live weather is a thing in this game, and should be really improved and devs should take a look

I’m finding since the latest update I’m getting white flashing clouds at night even when no storms for an entire flight that last 2 hours…very unrealistic…not lightning bolts just really white flashing clouds…it’s a shame this game is going backwards in progression…

1 Like

Use this thread to vote.

You realize the link you but to vote on IS the thread this is? :wink:

What I meant is playing with live weather is not playable so live weather is off…

I should have been more clear

That’s OK! We’re all friends here! :slight_smile:

Can’t stand the lightning ■■■■ so I tried a freeware METAR injection program. At least the lightning was gone, but the transitions and fluctuating winds were annoying. Better than dealing with lightning.

How much longer is it going to take to fix this already???

Lightning is extremely bright even in daylight. Daytime lightning shot:

The main problem is of course is excessive lightning everywhere in weather that does not warrant it. But I think the other issue is not that the lightning is too bright, but that the strikes are “too close”. Most lightning strikes are miles and miles away from the observer, or intracloud flashes muted by the clouds. If you actually get visible lightning channels within a mile or two, which happens ALL THE TIME in Flight Simulator, the scene will indeed light up like the surface of the sun. There might be a couple of side issues affecting this too though, like the lightning duration is about 5-10 times longer than the average lightning flash, and the light fall off rate might not be correct.

the lightning is funny…like, it’s a clear night, nothing on radar…BOOM. lightning…

LULZ.

2 Likes

It would be better for lightning to be removed compleatly until it can be fixed, its REEEALLY annoying, prevents me from using live weather at all, it’s both excessive in brightness (In 3000 flight hours I have never been blinded by lightning like that) and it’s everywhere even in clear skies, super annoying

7 Likes

why i stop see this problem? couple a days no1 lightning

I might be wrong, but I seem to only be seeing it when I have the ‘every man and his dog’ multiplayer turned on.

If it’s live traffic only or VATSIM I’m not seeing it.

Could it be that if one person is experiencing lightening in multiplayer, everyone is experiencing it?

probably, i use only one settings - all left live people, real traffic, live time/weather

Thats actually an interesting point, can anyone confirm that the lightning issue happens when multiplayer is disabled? Also, can anyone figure out if there is a way we can disable the lightning effects? Maybe there is an effect file or a parameter in the files that we can just delete.