Lights are missing on VATSIM AI aircraft

Aircraft Lights

Leaving Gatwick

Approaching Manchester

5 Likes

No, because I’ve never flown MSFS on VAT thanks to its inaccurate weather engine.

2 Likes

Do I remember flying on Whatsim?

1 Like

Yes, I do.
When MS gets most of the bugs in the core program fixed, I will , once again, load up VatSim.
Why do I like VatSim you ask … Simple, if you want Flight Simulator Realism with ATC control, nothing beats Vatsim, IMHO.

5 Likes

Yes I do, and I really liked that time. Now there are just too many bugs to really enjoy it. I hope that there will come better times soon.

3 Likes

I still fly on VATSIM with no qualms…what issues are you guys running into?

2 Likes

If the fact that THEY broke our ability to see recognition lights on other aircraft, and have let it go uncorrected this long, is not proof that they don’t care about MSFS being a SIMULATOR, then nothing is. Situational awareness is paramount in aviation.

7 Likes

Those were the good times back then.

2 Likes

So the whole experience is ruined because the other aircraft lights are not visible? Doesn’t sound like a major issue. They might fix it in the two sim updates due in the next couple of months.

5 Likes

You should have added the words “to me”. Just because you are OK with them breaking stuff every update, others are not.

5 Likes

Bro it’s not a game breaking issue; it’s a bug that can be addressed quite easily or quite possibly ignored if you just wanna look at the TCAS.

They’ll fix it eventually, but until then the game is playable, just…not pretty as it could be.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion, but I do not share it. Good day.

2 Likes

Still flying on it too, I’d say for me the only issue now is that flying at night time sucks due to AI aircraft not having lights. And also due to the drastically reduced draw distance of other aircraft.

2 Likes

it becomes a major issue when you are flying at night and an ATC asks you if you have some aircraft in sight. If your plane’s tcas is not working then you are screwed.

3 Likes

Also, every plane doesn’t have TCAS.

2 Likes

::sigh:: It’s frustrating to see others not understand the frustration the OP is having. On a network where we attempt to act semi-realistic, it’s a little challenging when you’re told to, “maintain visual separation” or “follow the aircraft” when you’re number 2. We need recognition lights back. Not all of us fly offline or play online with Xbox players where there are no rules.

3 Likes

This exactly.

2 Likes

Strawman. He didn’t say he was okay with them breaking stuff. He said it wasn’t a big deal that the lights don’t work and I agree. I fly Vatsim basically exclusively. Either use what you have the way you can or cut off your nose to spite your face. Yourcall.

Pro tip: “Unable, negative contact.” Problem solved.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to belittle your experience, but the solution for the time being is: “Negative”. It’s better than not using Vatsim at all. The issue will get fixed.