Limited by main thread 10900kf OC 5.2

In this shot threads 19 is your mainthread and what limits your performance, at 100% it cannot do any more and will be bottlenecked if the gpu isn’t working equally as hard. This is very normal but by rights it should switch to a different thread every few seconds (or less) in order to keep temperatures down.
With 8 cores or more and depending on what else you use your PC for SMT off is usually better for MSFS performance. I keep mine on only because I record MSFS in 4k and otherwise it skips.

so basically nothing i can do to correct this when flying around big city / airports unless i turn graphic setting so low things look like ■■■■
thanks for your help

Keep HT off and if anything you should tweak graphics upwards and/or LOD / traffic down. Once you have similar gpu and mainthread frame times then dropping clouds to high can usually find a few extra fps. Upgrading your cpu is another option.

Cpu is OC to 5.2 on all 10 cores

Why do you say turn hyper threading off , compared with on and off and noticed with it on i am getting 5-15 fps more depending on what area , example around kjfk , where the screen shot is at , im 5-7 more fps with hyper threading on

I turned LOD to 200 and all traffic to 45 or 50 , to get the 30-40 fps at kjfk, and still limited by main thread

If HT on works better then use it, I have AMD and that isn’t the case. I’m not surprised you are still mainthread limited, overclocked cpu or not you have a very powerful top of the range gpu a couple of generations younger.

@DensestSnail693

i am wondering what others do with there 10900 k or kf , as far as Hyper threading goes , do you have on or off and have you tested to see which works better
thanks

1 Like

well i bit the bullet and bought a 43 inch 4k Monitor , I still had to lower the traffic and graphic settings in fs2020 to get decent fps , the view quality is not to bad here is a screen shot flying over Syracuse NY

the 2nd screen shot is over KJFK , again not bad , I just hope with clouds and rain my fps do not drop a lot any suggestion are well appreciated Thank you

Okay I believe I found the sweet spot for my system , 10900KF OC 5.2 Hype Off, RTX 2080TI
(EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 TI FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING)
The Setting with in the sim see Pics

Here are a few screen shots around Syracuse NY,

I hope this helps others and if any of you have any suggestion that you think that will improve on what i have done this far i am all ears Thanks